41

SCARMYS LETS DO THIS AGAIN!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was driving towards the warehouse when Jungkook's unwavering focus shattered within a heartbeat.

It took one second for his whole body to freeze...

Terror thundered upon him with a sickening weight he couldn't bear. Horror contorted his face and consumed Jungkook wholly, engulfing his moralities and destroying his sanity.

With a convulsive jerk, he wrenched the wheel. The car swerved violently in a new direction and tires shrieked their protest as Jungkook wrestled the wheel, adrenaline flooding his system.

Jongsuk's yelp was lost in the roar of the engine; he barely escaped a head-cracking impact against the windscreen.

His panicked words hung in the air:

"JUNGKOOK!! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!!!?"

"CALL CHAE! CHECK ON HER!!" Jungkook's voice ripped through the chaos as he desperately dialed another number, his world reeling.

Observing Jungkook's brutal grip on the steering wheel; veins erupting on his hand and knuckles stark against the flesh like exposed teeth, Jong suk silently dialed Chaeyoung.

Repeated attempts to reach Chaeyoung failed for Jong suk, and Jungkook too was greeted by silence.

This silence on the other end was a deafening scream....every unanswered call from Min, Hazel, Jia, Suzy, even the landline.

A strangled cry ripped from his throat,

"SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!!!" Jungkook cursed, aggressive fists pounding the steering wheel as he accelerated, the encroaching fear devouring him alive.

His heart thumped, threatening to explode, while his once-strong composure battled to maintain sanity.

Breaking every signal, Jungkook raced at maximum velocity; he pushed the car to its limits.

And yet still it would've taken him 30 minutes to reach home.

"JUNGKOOK!!! WHAT HAPPENED!!?" Jong suk saw fear radiating vividly in Jungkook's eyes.

"THIS WAS ALL A GODDAMN TRAP!!THE REAL TARGET WAS........"

Jungkook's heart stopped at his final word,

"HAZEL!!!"

Sanity crumbled within Jungkook,
He had never ever faced such difficulty in keeping his facade....

Jungkook was breaking.

Jong suk eyes couldn't leave Jungkook's demeanor; Jungkook was wholly consumed by anger and terror, his eyes ablaze with a volatile intensity that sent shivers through the marrow of Jong suk's bones.