Chapter Twenty Six.

Left and right. A pair of beautiful eyes scanned the area left and right and let out a breath of relief. He shook his head and then finally walked ahead.

"Kim Taehyung." A voice stopped him in his tracks as he closed his eyes shut tightly and cursed under his breath.

He plastered a fake, big smile on his face and then turned around to face the person who just called him.

"Yes, my beautiful, handsome, wonderful, gorgeous, pretty, marv—"

"Enough buttering. Now tell me why are you entering your own home like a thief?" The voice boomed again when Taehyung sighed.

"The house was already too quiet so I didn't want to disrupt the peace by entering loudly as I always do." Taehyung replied as the other person narrowed his eyes.

"You don't have any more lectures now? Why are you back home so early?" The person questioned making his eyes big to make him look scary.

"Oh my beautiful Jinnie, this is also a reason why I call you mom. Look at your big, round eyes, damn I am scared of them right now." Taehyung said as he fake shivered to show he was scared.

"Don't change the topic and answer me." Jin asked as Taehyung genuinely let out a smile.

"No Jinnie, I don't have any more lectures today and the reason I am back home early is because I need to talk to Jeongguk hyung." Taehyung said as he saw Jin's eyebrows creasing.

"And don't worry, it's not about my undying love for him. I'll never bring that up again, you can let go of that frown now. You will age soon and get a lot of wrinkles if you worry so much about me." Taehyung further said as he let out a fake laugh and walked towards Jeongguk's room.

"Taebear, I didn't mea—"

"I know my beautiful Jinnie but I felt I should still explain." Taehyung replied as he walked up the stairs as Jin stood there feeling his frown disappear yet his face crumbled as he felt tears brim at the back of his eyes because no, he shouldn't explain but maybe Jin's unnecessary expression made his little Taebear compile.

Suddenly it felt like their little Taetae was right there with them yet extremely far from them as well. It was wrong for him to feel that because maybe, just maybe the distance was only between his Taebear and Guk.

Jin rubbed his eyes with his forefinger and walked back to the dining table as he decided that it's better to visit the restaurant. It would at least divert his mind.

By the time Jin decided this Taehyung had already reached Jeongguk's room but he stood outside the closed door and curled his hands into tight fists.

This is not the first time he is standing here yet today it feels very foreign to him. This door, this room, the person inside the room. It was eerily silent but he expected it because the only loud person in this household was Jin and he himself.

Taehyung inhaled a deep breath and raised his fist to knock on the door. He can't contemplate anymore. If something needs to be done, it needs to be done regardless of what's going on currently.

He knocked once and waited till he heard a reply from the other side. He felt his heartbeat rising with each passing second. He felt his heart would pump out of his chest the way it was hammering in his chest rapidly.

After a long minute, which almost felt like a whole month to Taehyung, he heard a reply.

"Jin hyung, I am not hungry. I'll eat later on when everyone is back home." The honey-laced yet stern voice made Taehyung feel his body go a little limp. It feels like he is hearing this soft, velvety voice after a very long time.