Chapter Thirty Six.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Come in." Taehyung's stern and loud voice boomed inside his empty cabin.

The door slightly pushed and Minjae walked inside with slow yet steady steps.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Minjae asked, his tone casual yet his heart was beating quite fast. Even though the person sitting in front of him is his best friend, he knows where Jeongguk is concerned, his kind and sweet best friend is very unpredictable.

"Take a seat. Usually, you are extremely chatty and over-enthusiastic when you talk to me, what's wrong today?" Taehyung questioned, his words playful yet his tone held no playfulness rather it was stern and dark.

"N-No, I don't know wha-"

"Kim Minjae, you very well know what I want to talk to you about," Taehyung sai, his voice soft yet his tone stern.

Minjae let out a huff of breath and he sat down on the chair in front of Taehyung, looking away from Taehyung's questioning eyes.

"I'll tell you. I made Jeongguk Hyung jealous. You said you wanted to do so as well but I knew you were sceptical and you would never agree to my ways of making Hyung jealous. I purposely made things seem like we both are in a relationship so that he could somehow express and confess his feelings for you. Whatever I did, maybe my way of doing it was wrong, but everything was for you. I just wanted to see you happy and your happiness lies in him." Minjae confessed truthfully as Taehyung's eyes finally softened a little.

"Jaejae, maybe your intentions were good but you almost made my love feel like I betrayed him and moved on from him. He thought we kissed when I never even kissed your cheek like Lisa or Jackie who does that when they're excited. I understand your motive, dear best friend but I feel this could've been avoided." Taehyung explained calmly as Minjae scoffed.

"I agree this could've been avoided but if we did avoid it, you wouldn't have Jeongguk Hyung on your lap a few hours back. Whatever my intentions were doesn't matter, you should thank me." Minjae scoffed a little when Taehyung finally smiled and shook his head.

"I thank you for finally giving the final push to my love to confess to me but you also deserve a punishment for hurting my universe. To thank you, I will give you a week off from the office and you can travel anywhere you want to and I will bear the cost. And for your punishment, you will be working overtime for a month straight after you come back from your trip." Taehyung uttered as he finally stood up from his chair.

"This is so unfair." Minjae groaned as Taehyung hid his smile.

"And maybe just to help me you went out of the way-which wasn't required by the way-I'll try to look for someone who would take care of you just like my love does for me," Taehyung said with a big smile on his face as Minjae looked away.

"No need. I am happily single, I don't need someone to take care of me. You enjoy your life with Jeongguk Hyung and stop being a depressed soul in front of me, that will be the biggest thank-you gift for me." Minjae said, rolling his eyes as Taehyung giggled and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Minjae asked as Taehyung cleared his throat.

"Uh...home. J-Jin Hyung said he needs me for something so please cancel the rest of my meetings for today." Taehyung stuttered out as Minjae scoffed loudly.

"Just say you're going back to someone's arms and home just because you're restless and go, don't make such stupid excuses," Minjae said as he heard Taehyung giggling.

"Yes, you're correct. So bye, cancel my schedule for the day!" Taehyung yelled as he walked out the door.

Minjae shook his head and looked towards the way Taehyung left with longing eyes.