Prologue

IT WAS REAPING DAY, and Nesta hated reaping day; it was inhumane and cruel, like most things in the Capitol

IT WAS REAPING DAY, and Nesta hated reaping day; it was inhumane and cruel, like most things in the Capitol. When the war ended, she thought things would change for the better, that the Capitol and the districts could live in peace, but then the hunger games came along, and her hope died.

And she could have sworn she had died before, when her brother was gone.

She remembered sitting at the foot of her father's armchair while playing with some dolls. When the first announcement of the games went on television, the girl also remembered her father getting up abruptly and running to the kitchen while tears flowed down his face. She also remembered her mother going after him to comfort him. At that time, she didn't quite understand what was happening or why her father was crying, but today everything was clear.

Nesta's father was a resident of district 3, before fleeing to the Capitol and fell in love with her mother, and what he felt that day was not sadness, it was anger and disgust, anger at the Capitol for demanding that children fight to the death for pure entertainment, and disgust with himself for feeling like a traitor to the districts.

After that day, he was never the same, and neither were her. She heard him crying at night in his office while her mother tried to calm him down and whispered words of comfort in his ear, and from that moment on, you knew that the Capitol was not good and that those games were not the ones she was used to because her games would never make her father cry.

Nesta shook her head to get rid of these thoughts and looked at herself in the mirror. Luckily,  everything about her appearance was impeccable: her hair was lined up and tied with a red bow, her earrings were perfectly placed in your ears, her makeup was light but beautiful, and her red dress was perfectly aligned and ironed.

Despite that, a frown was still present on Nesta's face. She had never been forced to attend reaping day, but this year the Plinth prize was going to be given at the same time as this rubbish, and she felt furious and strangely anxious. She didn't want to go. It was obvious for her that she didn't want to go. Nesta was almost certain that she wasn't going to win the prize. She was good but not the best. That place belonged to Snow and only him.

"Nesta!" The girl heard her mother's voice calling you as she knocked lightly on the door. "Honey, are you ready? We're going to be late." Nesta's eyes widened, and she ran to her closet to look for her shoes; luckily, they were already ready to be worn. "I'm coming, mom; I'm just getting my shoes on!" She heard laughter behind the door, and Nesta smiled to herself.

When she was already on her feet, she went down the stairs of the huge house and went to where her mother had gone. The woman was beautiful; she is beautiful. She was wearing a blue dress and earrings so tiny that they were barely visible, but Nesta knew that her mother didn't need ornaments to look beautiful; it would be like putting jewelry on a lion.

On the other hand, her father, although handsome and tidy, had a tired look. If there was someone who hated this day more than you, it was him, but even though he was sad, he looked at you with pride and love and said, "You look beautiful, Nesta." He managed a smile. "You look beautiful as always." The girl gave her father a reassuring smile and bowed her head in thanks. "Thank you, dad." She said it, although it came out more as a whisper.

"Well, it's time to go." The mother spoke as if she wanted this day to go by quickly. "Let's go to the car." She wrapped her arm around her husband's arm and headed outside the house. Nesta sighed and followed them to the car.

It's now.

N/AHi guys, this is just an introduction to Nesta's story and family!!! 💞💞Once again, I apologize for the spelling mistakes, but as you must have already noticed, my first language is not english :(

N/A
Hi guys, this is just an introduction to Nesta's story and family!!! 💞💞
Once again, I apologize for the spelling mistakes, but as you must have already noticed, my first language is not english :(

See ya !!! <33