fifteenth chapter

IT HAD BEEN A FEW HOURS after the bloody events from earlier, and at this moment the only thing that could be heard in the place was Lucky's voice

IT HAD BEEN A FEW HOURS after the bloody events from earlier, and at this moment the only thing that could be heard in the place was Lucky's voice. He was talking so much that Nesta ignored what he was saying as soon as he started talking.

She knew he needed someone to pick on, because as soon as Festus fell asleep, the man started chatting even more, and that made her extremely angry—with Festus, with Lucky, and with the fact that the man didn't seem to have the ability to calm down and shut up in sensitive moments like this, Nesta wished he had an off button to press on it.

"Ness do you have any blankets in that bag of yours?" Persephone's sleepy voice asked lazily, and the girl opened the bag to see what her mother had put in there, and to her surprise, there was not only one blanket but three. "Here." She extended one of the blankets towards Persephone, who was yawning.

The Price girl almost blurted out a sigh in satisfaction when she felt the fluffy texture of the blanket. "Thank you, Ness. You are a lifesaver." The other girl just shook her head and gave a forced smile; she hadn't said a word since the games started, and she felt like if she opened her mouth, she could vomit at any moment, which was strange since she only had the tea she drank earlier in the stomach.

Persephone immediately noticed her friend's strange behavior, furrowed her eyebrows in concern, and looked at Lysistrata for an answer. Lyssie just shook her head in an attempt to leave their friend alone for now, but the other girl didn't listen to her. "Nesta, what's wro —?" She didn't have time to finish her sentence because murmurs began to be heard in the auditorium, and Pup sat up straight in his seat as he looked at the screen with wide eyes.

Ness once again ignored Persephone; who was already heading to her seat; and looked at the screen in search of the cause of all the commotion. "Lamina —." That was all Pup said as he sat up straighter and waited for some action from the red-haired girl.

The eyes of the awake students were on the screen, where Lamina was, the redhead had stopped in the middle of the arena to pick up a small ax and began to walk slowly towards Marcus, she started to climb that structure with impressive skill, without tripping or slipping a single step. once, and stopping over where the bloodied boy was hanging.

The camera zoomed in on the scene as Lamina gently held the boy's hair, and it was possible to see his mouth moving slowly as he made an effort to look at her; it was as if he was asking something from the other girl. As soon as he finished speaking, the girl nodded and raised her ax, and before anyone could even blink, the ax went towards the boy's neck, and a horrible noise was heard.

The tension in the auditorium was palpable, the only noise audible was once again Juno's vomiting.

Everyone seemed to hold their breaths.

But that silence was interrupted by an excited scream from Pup, who, as soon as he saw Lamina's donations start to grow, screamed. "YES YES!" The boy screamed excitedly, looking like he had won the lottery.