first chapter

first person pov

first person pov

YOU WERE so distracted that you didn't even notice that you had already entered the huge building. There were so many mixtures of strong and strange perfumes that gave you such a headache that you felt dizzy.

To say that you had a certain hatred for that place was an understatement. The students were irritating, the teachers were unbearable, the classes were massive, and the food was so terrible and hard that you could build a house just with it. Despite this, you decided to maintain appropriate behavior and a smile on your face, for your mother's sake.

But fortunately, it's the last day; you would never have to look these people in the face again. Today,  you just had to take your diploma, make small talk, and leave — nothing more.

"I think things will be different this year." You heard your father whispering to your mother; he certainly thought you weren't listening. "I mean, the reaping and the prize at the same time, a good thing should not be." From the corner of your eye, you can see your mother giving a slight pinch to his arm. She knew he was right and also knew that their copy was listening.

She turned to you with a sweet smile and a look of concern. "Honey, go look for your friends; your father and I will talk to some people, and we will see you at the end of the ceremony." With a frown, you looked at your father, who had the same frown on his face, but even though he didn't like it, he was unable to deny anything to your mother. "Okay, mom." You murmured. "See you after the ceremony."

You started to wander among the people in the place until you saw the face of a familiar person, Lysistrata Vickers. She was one of the only nice people at the academy, and although you weren't sure if you two shared the same ideas, she was always nice and friendly with everyone, and both of you had already participated in some projects together.

Lysistrata turned her head towards you when she felt the gaze on her figure. She gave a smile of recognition and walked towards you, looking relieved to have found a familiar face.

"Hi Ness, nervous for the ceremony?" She asked, and you took a breath and answered. "I never get nervous about these things, but today I have the feeling that something unexpected is going to happen." You were being honest; you felt restless since you woke up, and you were almost sure something was going to go wrong.

She gave you a comforting smile. "I see. I also thought it was strange when I heard that this was all going to be announced on the same day." She paused, as if searching for the right words. "But I'm sure nothing big will happen; come on, let's look for our class."

You definitely didn't want to see more people, but you sighed as she took your arm and looked for more people you knew.

In the distance, you saw Arachne, Felix, Festus, Clemencia, and Corionalus. You wanted so badly to run away, but Lysistrata was already pulling you towards them.