sixth chapter

THE PAIR OF STUDENTS were heading to the zoo after a long walk to the market; this time Nesta only took a smaller percentage of food, which would only satisfy Treech and his district partner Lamina; Sejanus didn't take much either

THE PAIR OF STUDENTS were heading to the zoo after a long walk to the market; this time Nesta only took a smaller percentage of food, which would only satisfy Treech and his district partner Lamina; Sejanus didn't take much either. , since his bag wasn't big.

Along the way, Nesta told her newest friend about his trip to the Zoo, obviously hiding some details. Sejanus listened attentively, amused by the story that was told to him.

They were missing one last class and, consequently, lunch, but that wasn't important since they had eaten along the way.

And the class, well Treech was more important.

In the distance, the Zoo was already visible, and unlike a few hours ago, it was a little more empty, as most of the Capitol's inhabitants must have been working, but those who were there still looked at the tributes as if they were some kind of animals.

"Can you believe?" Sejanus muttered next to Nesta. "They're looking at those kids as if they were animals, as if they were better than them." The girl placed a reassuring hand on Sejanus's arm.

"Don't mind them; they're the only ones that look like animals. I mean, have you looked at their clothes?" Nesta responded in an attempt to make the boy feel better, which resulted in him bursting out laughing. "You are right." He said it through laughter.

They quickly got close to the cage, but when they were about to take more steps, a peacekeeper intervened. "What are you doing here? You can't get through." He said it aggressively, and some of the tributes looked towards the conversation. Sejanus was about to respond to the rudeness, but Nesta quickly intervened. "I believe we can pass; my grandfather gave us permission." The peacekeeper's eyes widened when he realized who was talking to him and heard the word 'grandfather', then he quickly gave a nod and moved to the side. "You can pass, Miss Dante; I'm sorry for the confusion." The girl nodded.

Sejanus looked at the girl with an eyebrow raised in question, but she only waved him away with her hand. "I'm sure our colleagues will arrive here soon; let's take advantage while they don't arrive to talk to our tributes. The boy nodded and made his way towards Marcus, while Nesta quickly went towards Treech, who was sitting on the same rock.

Lamina was the first to notice the girl; she quickly wiped away her tears and touched the arm of the boy who was next to her to let him know that her mentor was there. "Treech!" Nesta called, and the mentioned boy looked at her with confusion. "I brought your lunch." Upon hearing the word 'lunch', the boy got up and went towards her, and she smiled as soon as she saw him approaching.

As soon as Treech reached her edge, he gave her a sarcastic smile. "You came to see me for the second time in one morning; I didn't know you liked me so much, princess." Nesta blushed at the nickname, and the boy's sarcastic smile grew wider at her reaction. "I just came to give you lunch; don't be cocky." She responded agitatedly, and in his eyes, the scene was adorable.