epilogue

Some years later

Some years later

THE SMALL, NOISY FOOTSTEPS hurriedly ran through the small wooden cabin, which was filled with laughter as the speed increased.

The smell of cinnamon was evident, as was the homely atmosphere of the place, full of colorful paintings and furniture, bringing each person's personality into that small but comfortable space.

Most of the paintings were painted by Treech, who now made a living from his talent.

If it smelled like home, it was home; that's what Nesta Higgs always told her husband, and Treech agreed; he always agreed with everything his wife said.

Even in their 30s, their relationship remained the same; sometimes they still looked like teenagers in the way they laughed and smiled at each other, but they wouldn't change their relationship for anything, and their love continues to be the same. The love they felt for each other only increased more and more.

However, the walk was no longer done just by them; now two mini-people shared the space on the path and filled the house with joy, and that was where the laughter and rush came from.

Eve and Theodore had been born eight summers ago in the Capitol, which made their parents feel extremely relieved. Being born in the districts was a death sentence, and fortunately for them, the little twins were free from that fate.

Treech didn't want his children to suffer the same fate as him; although the nightmares had calmed and time had been a little kind to his trauma, he didn't want them to go through that, or worse, die in an arena so far from home.

"Dad, dad!!' Eve's squeaky and sweet voice was heard, and the man laughed when he felt small arms wrap around his waist. "Theo pushed me!" She accused her twin, Nesta and Treech exchanged a look at the youngest's obvious lie.

She just wanted to have her brother's dessert.

"It's a lie!" Theodore ran into the kitchen, and Eve gave an innocent smile; it didn't even look like they were laughing just a few moments ago. "She's lying again." He accused as he went to his mother's side, who gave him a kiss on the head.

Like his father, Theodore was also a complete mama's boy.

"Honey, what have we talked about about lying?" Treech spoke as he picked up the youngest girl in the flight, who gave an innocent, toothless smile. "I don't remember, but grandpa said that all is fair in love and sweets!" She responded proudly, and Nesta almost slapped herself in the forehead at her father's behavior.

Treech held back an indignant laugh. The older man always influenced his grandchildren to behave in ways that were not so appropriate but nevertheless comical; he only stopped when the children's other grandparents joined in to lecture him.