nineteenth chapter

"YOU WON! YOU WON!" Nesta heard Persophone's voice in her ear

"YOU WON! YOU WON!" Nesta heard Persophone's voice in her ear. She was hugging her tightly and happy with her friend's victory.

After Persephone, the girl lost count of how many hugs she received. Even though Festus, who seemed extremely disappointed with the loss of the prize, gave her a small hug and patted her on the back, Nesta felt like a bouncy ball passing from arm to arm.

But the students' celebrations came to a halt when Lucky Flickerman signaled for silence and pulled the younger girl to his side with the desire to do an interview. "Well folks, here by my side I have Nesta Dante, winner of the tenth edition of the Hunger Games!" The man spoke excitedly, and the girl furrowed her eyebrows. She wasn't the winner; it was Treech.

"Well, my dear, how do you feel about your victory?" The man asked, smiling while pushing the microphone towards the girl's face, who had to move her face a little to avoid swallowing the microphone. "Well, the victory is not just mine; none of this would be possible without Treech's courage." She replied and gave an awkward smile towards the camera.

"Hm, hm, I see." The man nodded. "But you won the prize, right? What can you do with it?" He asked and put the microphone back in the face of the girl, who let out a complaint when it hit her in the nose.

Nesta was going to give the award to Treech; that was a certainty, but maybe saying that on national television and in front of her colleagues wasn't a good idea, so the only thing she responded with was, "I'm not sure yet!" Lucky let out a loud laugh, which was responded to by a pitchfork from the girl. "You don't have much charisma, do you, dear?" He spoke to her, still with a smile on his face, and the only response he received was a confused frown.

"Well, here in my hands, I have the Plinth Prize, which is now yours!" He shouted at the camera while handing the award to the girl, who, as soon as she heard applause around her, blushed with embarrassment and mumbled a forced thank you to the camera.

"Hey, maybe later you could ask Lumberjack to come do an interview with us." Lucky spoke to the girl while the camera recorded around the place, but when Nesta was about to respond, the man had already gone to the edge of the other people.

But the answer would be a big fat no; she wouldn't have the courage to ask Treech to do something against his will, not when he ended up going through a traumatic situation.

Nesta felt a strong hand on her shoulder, and it made her jump a little. "Miss Dante, Headmaster Highbottom wishes to speak with you in private." A peacekeeper spoke while holding the girl's arm as gently as he could. "But I need to go see Treech!" She protested in the grip, which, despite being delicate, was uncomfortable.

The man sighed. "Unfortunately, I can't do anything; I only receive orders from the academy." He spoke and dragged the girl out of the place, leaving the rest of the students curious and confused.