fifth chapter

THE WAY BACK TO THE ACADEMY to the academy was silent; the two students were too distracted thinking about strategies to talk to the man driving, who looked worried due to the silence; however, he remained silent as he did not want to leave his da...

THE WAY BACK TO THE ACADEMY to the academy was silent; the two students were too distracted thinking about strategies to talk to the man driving, who looked worried due to the silence; however, he remained silent as he did not want to leave his daughter more agitated, the eldest also didn't have intimacy with the blonde, and to be honest, he felt dislike for the boy's father.

They had a history.

After thanking the father of his colleague for the ride, Coriolanus got out of the car. He looked at Nesta, but all she did was wave him on. The Snow boy only nodded and moved up the academy stairs when she indicated that she wanted to speak with her father first.

After making sure Snow couldn't hear them Nesta turned to her father. "How did you know we were at the zoo?" In the rearview mirror, she saw her father's eyes, but all he responded was. "On the day of the reaping, Lucky didn't keep quiet about presenting the games; he ended up letting the program schedule slip." He gave her a small smile but continued. "When I turned on the television, I noticed that you were there. You might have been trying to be discreet, dear, but I noticed you."

The girl's eyes widened. "Did you notice me? What if the others saw me too?" She asked agitatedly and a little worried; she could be disqualified, and Treech could end up with someone who doesn't care about his safety. "Don't worry, dear; I told you I would take care of everything, and I did." Nesta breathed a sigh of relief, and the man gave another smile through the rearview mirror. "Besides, I only noticed because I'm your father; I think other people were looking more at your friend and his tribute." He reassured his daughter, who was now returning the smile.

Nesta already had one leg out of the car when she decided to ask. "Dad, are you okay?" The man looked at his lap, unsure of what he should say but he just said it. "Yes my dear." The youngest sighed, she knew it was a lie but she didn't prolong the subject so she left, said goodbye and headed towards the academy.

The man looked at his daughter, who was heading towards the academy, and felt helpless. He didn't want to lose his daughter to the Capital, not when he had already lost his son.

He quickly shook off these thoughts and just went home.