fourteenth chapter

Double pov;

Double pov;

AS SOON AS THE BELL RANG, Treech ran towards the weapons as quickly as he could, grabbing an ax and pushing past the other tributes in search of more space.

Nesta's breathing stopped as the male tribute from District 5 walked towards Treech with a knife in his hands, and she had to look away to avoid seeing the scene unfold; however, Treech was quicker and pushed her away. He climbed onto the wreckage, causing the other boy a painful wound and a groan of dissatisfaction that was soon interrupted when Coral pierced his body with the trident.

Treech didn't know what to feel when he saw the scene in front of him; he just looked around for a sign of Lamina, but when he didn't find her, he realized that she must have been hidden in a safe place, and he was relieved about that. He didn't want to say goodbye yet.

The fight was intense, and Nesta had to hold herself back from vomiting on the spot; Juno had already done that for her; some of the tributes had already died in brutal ways; dissatisfied mentors had already been chased away; and the girl didn't want to be. One of them, losing Treech, would break her heart.

As Treech slid through the wreckage and headed towards Lucy Gray with the ax in hand, the girl felt a piercing gaze on the back of her head. Coriolanus looked at his classmate as if the tribute's actions were Nesta's fault, not the Capitol's.

However, she was too busy to even notice Snow's grumpy presence. She was to busy watching the scene unfold in front of her, Treech hadn't managed to hit her with the ax, and that led to a frustrated grimace, but he couldn't. gave up and tried to hit her again, but the girl seemed to be an expert at deflecting the attack from the other tributes and just got up and ran while trying to get the attention of her district partner, who seemed lost and confused.

A sigh was heard, and the girl was sure it was Lysistrata; she had already told her about her concern about Jessup, and Ness understood why the boy was showing strange behavior, but due to her lack of knowledge in the area of medicine, she didn't know exactly what it was, but it seemed serious—too serious to be treated in a district.

Nesta was quickly taken out of her thoughts when she heard a groan of pain from Treech, and her eyes widened when she saw that he had been stabbed in the arm. Sol was the district partner of the boy that Treech had pushed and indirectly taken. In death, she looked at him, satisfied with having hurt him. Nesta held her hands in front of her mouth, nervous about the next events and worried when she noticed that her boy had dropped the ax while holding his arm in pain, but luckily for her, the rest of the pack appeared next to Treech, ready to start the tribute hunting.

He was going to be okay, at least for now he was going to be okay.

Unfortunately, all the cameras stopped pointing at the pack, and Nesta said something under her breath, but it seems that at this moment Lucy Gray was the main attraction of the games, both for the spectators at the Capitol and for most of the tributes alive, who were looking at her with interest in killing her, and Coriolanus behind her seemed nervous as he noticed the situation and put his hand in front of his mouth while muttering disjointed words.