Chapter 77

The doors open, revealing both the floor she was now uncertain she'd ever see again and Jove sitting at her desk with his feet up, his head leaned back and his eyes closed.

He didn't open them at the ding of the elevator and Kat stood for a moment in a true stupor, her expression uncontrolled as she took him in.

"What are you doing here?" she asked finally, and he cracked open one eye, affixing her with a bemused look.

"You were looking for me," he answered casually.

Kat swallowed.

"What do you mean?"

"Well," he said, opening both eyes and swiveling to face her. "I got a security alert that my door had been opened, so I checked the camera. You came back here this late cause you were hoping I'd be here, weren't you?"

Kat bit the inside of her cheek, willing herself to stay calm. She nodded slowly, hoping Jove wouldn't ask her where she'd been in the meantime.

"And I was nearby, so I wanted to come over to see what you needed. What do you need Kat?"

She took another hard swallow, attempting to steady herself against her own lies and his almost weaponized charm.

Jove stood, crossing the distance between them in just a few strides. Kat could barely take him in when he was so close to her, felt as if she were staring at the sun, at an eclipse. His presence was so commanding and his figure was so daunting, Kat felt equally belittled and protected, vulnerable and safer than she'd ever been all at once. He stood over her, looking down at her, and the energy that surrounded the two of them swelled and grew warmer, taking on life of its own.

"Kat, I asked you a question," he said, his voice firmer but unchanged in volume. "What do you need?"

Kat's breaths were coming in ragged gasps and she held it in an attempt to hide her feelings, her near overwhelming desires.

"Why'd you run away from me Kat," he asked, taking another step closer.

She began to feel lightheaded, wrapped up in his scent and his imposing stature.

"Huh?" he prompted, running his finger lightly underneath her chin to bring her gaze up to his.

She shivered at the touch and he smiled, that unreadable glint in his eye.

"You have to tell me what you want," he whispered.

Kat felt her will crumbling. She felt herself falling apart, being pulled apart by her desires and her intentions. Jove came even closer, his voice dropping again in pitch and volume.

"You have to tell me what you want so I can give it to you."

Kat felt the strange, floaty quality of the air around her and had the fleeting thought that this must be another dream, a fantasy, a manifestation of her desires. She felt no fear, no trepidation, only the satisfaction of holding the last piece of an otherwise completed puzzle. Only a sense of wholeness and rightness, completeness after so much time scattered in knobbled pieces.

"You," she answered quietly, and suddenly she was in her arms, hoisted into the air as if she weighed nothing as he brought his lips to hers, her body intertwining around his desperately as they kissed, their passion mounting and blooming.

Jove left a trail of kisses down the side of her neck and Kat held back a moan, the sensations she was unaware she'd always wanted taking over her sensibilities. Jove, still carrying her effortlessly, took a few sure footed steps backwards then set her on the edge of her desk. He stood between her open thighs as he bent down and continued their kiss, Kat feeling as if she couldn't breathe without his lips on hers.

She pulled him closer to her desperately, leaning back on the desk as she did so until Jove swept everything from its surface in one swift motion, the desktop crashing noisily to the floor. Kat let herself fall back fully onto the now empty desk, pulling Jove's clothing in an effort to bring him further on top of her as she writhed beneath strong body, feeling her anticipation mount into a delirium. Jove was breathing heavily, the sound of each lusty intake of air further loosening Kat's already demolished resolve as he kissed her more and more deeply.

"God, I've been waiting for this for so long," he breathed, grabbing her hand and directing it to himself. "Look what you're doing to me," he said almost painfully, and Kat gasped aloud when she felt the size of the rock hard bulge in his pants, her body reacting involuntarily to his need.

"Jove," she whimpered, desperate to tell him how bad she needed him but unable to speak, to form coherent thoughts.

"I know baby, I know," he comforted, his hands dropping down to the button of her pants. "Let me take care of you."

Kat nodded desperately, breathing as if she were treading water. The feeling of Jove's hand on her body like that was making her squirm and she was nearly bucking her hips in anticipation, unable to control herself.

"We have to be quiet, ok?" he instructed as he slid a hand into her panties, making her moan at a fever pitch.

She could feel his fingers teasing her, was near frantic with the need to feel him inside her.

"Please," she forced out, breathless. "Please please, I-"

Jove reached out to cover her mouth with his other hand, smiling devilishly at her protests and the lust drunk look in her eyes.

"You have to be quiet," he reiterated, pressing his weight more firmly onto her and making her groan.

"If you can't even keep quiet now," he whispered. "What are you gonna do when I finally bend you over this desk?"

"Jove please," she begged again, her whole body on fire. "Please."

"Fuck," he marveled, looking down at her. "Fuck, I need this just as bad as you do," and she suddenly felt him inside her, felt she could no longer distinguish between reality and her wildest dreams.