Chapter Twenty Two

In your room you stared at your uniform in silence, thinking about who you had just partnered up with. "Kawaragi Senju...certainly a different person from before...She was childish that day but stern like Mikey when in front of her gang..." You murmured before sighing again. You wondered what was going through your leader's head.

Oh well, that really doesn't concern you, you should probably try to catch some sleep as tomorrow was most likely going to be a big day. Well instead of sleeping, you found yourself on a walk to the nearest amusement park with Senju. How did you end up like this?

Well when you realized you couldn't sleep you decided to take a walk around your neighborhood, all was going well until you ran into your captain, who was looking for you. And this is the brief summary of how you ended up at the amusement park with Senju at 8 pm.

"WOAH!! So sparkly! I haven't been here since the sixth grade!" Senju exclaimed, looking at everything with a childlike expression on her face. Within a couple of hours you found yourself riding at least 7 different rides. On the carousel she exclaimed, "Go forth black horse!!" and little kids were side eyeing you, causing you to deadpan and pretend you didn't know the crazy girl with you.

On the roller coaster, the light pink haired girl started talking in a emotionless voice, causing you to look at her seriously. "The war of the three deities begins on the 14th of July. You and Draken will handle the Kantou Manji gang, and Takeomi and I will take care of Rokuhara Tandai. In fact I can handle this all myself. Once Mikey and South are defeated, I want to be number one!" You eyed the girl quietly, she was determined like Takemichi. You wondered how the two of them would have gotten along.

Suddenly the roller coaster lurched down and you held onto your arm supports in surprise. You barely bit back a scream and tried not to puke. Senju surprised you with her sentimental talking, usually you enjoyed roller coasters, damnit.

When Senju started talking again, you side eyed her and made sure you knew when the next downhill would be, so you could enjoy it instead of wanting to off yourself.

When you finally got off of the ride the two of you walked over to a Tanzaku. You eyed the bamboo and colorful cards hanging and sighed before walking over with Senju to make your wish.

"What did you write?" Senju asked, peering at your card which said, 'I will protect S/N'. "Hah? Who's S/N?" Senju asked causing you to hug the note to your chest. "Anyways, mine will be....this!" She exclaimed, thrusting her card towards you while cutely laughing.

'I will protect Y/N' You looked at the girl and smiled slightly tilting your head to the side. "Y'know, I've never done anything like this before....can we be friends?" She asked, causing you to freeze at her sudden request before nodding.

"Sure, In that case, I will protect you from all harm!" You said, holding out your hand. "Dummy, I don't need you to promise me that, I'm strong enough to take care of myself...but I appreciate it." You shook her hand.

Something wet dripped onto your head, and in confusion you reached up to feel. "Ah, it's raining." You heard Senju state beside you, causing you to sigh and nod in agreement. You watched as Senju started running away from you while covering her head. You followed her into a cafe where other unfortunate people sat waiting for the rain to clear.

"I'm gonna use the restroom" Senju said after a little while, causing you to nod and stand up. "I'll come with." You stated, leaving money on the table to pay for your food. You watched as Senju was about to disagree with you but then didn't, opting to shake her head at you.

About 5 mins later you walked back out and saw Draken fighting with members from Tandai. Your eyes widened when a gun was pulled out and suddenly pointed in your direction, hearing Senju call your name you frowned and pushed her down behind you, covering her body with yours.