𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 ᥫ᭡

APRIL

As I sat on the floor, sorting through my pictures when my mom came into the room and sat next to me.

"I see you're making yourself at home," she said with a smile.

I nodded, "Trying to, at least."

She wrapped an arm around me, "It'll take some time, but I promise you'll get used to it. James and I are really happy to have you here."

I smiled, grateful for my mom's support. "I'm happy to be here too. It's just...different."

She nodded, "I know. But I have a feeling this move will be good for all of us."

"How does he even have a place like this?" I ask.

"I think it was his late wife's."

"So we're sleeping in a dead woman's house, and you're hooking up with said woman's husband?"

My mom punches my arm playfully and chuckles. "We're not hooking up. We're married."

"Still weird, mom."

She kisses my cheek and wipes the residue off my cheek from her lip gloss."

"James and I are going out for dinner tonight, and we'll be back late."

I raised an eyebrow, "Really? Already going on a date night?"

She blushed, "Well, we are newlyweds after all. But don't worry, we won't be back too late."

"So you're leaving me alone?"

"Of course not. Logan's here."

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

"Enjoy your first night in the new house!"

As she got up to leave, I couldn't help but feel a little nervous about being alone in the house with Logan.

After my mom and James left for their dinner date, I decided to take a shower and relax. I grabbed a towel and headed to the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind me.

As I finished my shower, I stepped out and wrapped my towel around me tightly. I quickly unlocked and opened the door, but I was surprised to see Logan waiting for me.

"Hey there, Roomie," he said with a smirk.

The hell. Was he seriously just standing there waiting for me to be done?

I rolled my eyes, "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged, "Just wanted to see how your shower was."

I made sure my towel was tightly wrapped around me. "It was fine. Now I need to get dressed."

He chuckled, "You know, we should be a lot more comfortable around each other."

I look away, remembering our one night stand. "That was a mistake, and it can't happen again."

He leaned against the door, blocking my way. "You don't really believe that."

I sighed, feeling frustrated and annoyed. Why did he have to make everything so complicated?

Logan stepped closer to me, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Come on, just spend the night in my room."

I felt a shiver run down my spine as he whispered in my ear.

"I can't. It's not right," I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Come on, it's not like we have feelings for each other or anything. It's just a hookup like that night. Let's help each other out." He says.

Logan pressed me against the wall, his lips on my neck, and his hand traveling between my thighs.

God, I want to say yes. I want to sleep with him again but I don't wanna fuck this up for my mom. My life doesn't need any more complications.

I stop his hand, but Logan keeps looking down at me with a lustful gaze.

"I'm sorry, Logan, but I can't. What we started needs to stop." I whisper.

Logan takes a deep breath and then backs away from me. "Fine."

He doesn't seem angry he seems smug. Like I'm going to give into him.

"I mean it."

"No worries. There are plenty of other girls in the world, but know that my offer still stands." He says and walks away.

God, he's so smug.

~

The next morning, as I came downstairs, ready to go to my new school, I saw my mom in the kitchen, cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, sunshine," she said with a smile. "How was your first night in the new house?"

I smiled back, trying to hide my inner turmoil. "It was fine. The shower is especially great."

My mom nodded, "I'm glad to hear that. And about last night, I hope you didn't mind me and James going out for dinner."

I shook my head, "No, of course not. I just hung out in my room and caught up on some sleep."

My mom looked at me with concern, "Are you okay, April? You seem a little off."

I debated telling her about my complicated situation with Logan, but I didn't want to worry her. Instead, I just smiled and said, "I'm fine, mom. I'm just a little nervous about starting at a new school."

She nodded, "I understand. That's why I got you this," she said, handing me a new credit card. "It's from James and I in case you need to buy anything for school or just want to treat yourself."

I was surprised by her gesture, "Thanks, mom. That's really sweet of you."

She hugged me, "Anything for my baby girl. Trust me, this is going to be a good life for us. Now finish your breakfast and I'll drive you to school."

"I'll drive her." Logan says from behind us and reaches over me to grab a piece of bacon.

I was about to say no, not wanting to be alone with him after what happened last night. But my mom beat me to it.

"Logan, that's so sweet. Of course."

I'm not scared of him, but I'm impulsive, and so is Logan. I know for a fact that us being alone together we'll just end up where we started.

"Great, let's go," Logan said, already heading towards the door.

~