𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ᥫ᭡

APRIL

I walked into school, and I pulled out my phone, texting Logan.

TEXT

APRIL: On my way.

APRIL: Hey, I'm here. Still on for ditching first period for breakfast?

To my surprise, Logan didn't answer. I shrugged it off, thinking that he might be busy with practice or something. I went to my locker to put away my things, but I noticed that everyone around me was whispering and pointing in my direction.

What the hell is wrong with everyone?

I just decided to ignore it and walked to my first class since I was already late, but the same thing happened there. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, and I couldn't understand what was going on.

I kept checking my phone, waiting for a response from Logan.

TEXT

APRIL: ??

APRIL: What the hell is going on? Everyone is staring at me like I killed a puppy.

APRIL: Okay, you're freaking me out. Text me back.

I excused myself from class and went into the bathroom, entering a stall and locking it behind me. I pulled out my phone and started texting Logan, hoping for an explanation, but he still didn't answer.

Hey, where are|

Just then, I heard a group of girls enter the bathroom, still talking and giggling about something. And then I heard one of them say my name.

"Can you believe it? April and Logan are hooking up! It's so gross," one of them said.

My heart dropped as I realized what was going on. Our secret relationship had been exposed, and everyone was talking about it.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

"Tell me about it. I mean how much of a slut do you have to be to hook up with your own step brother." Another girl said. But I recognized her voice. Lauren.

THAT BITCH.

As I stepped out of the bathroom stall, I could hear Lauren talking about me and Logan.

"What's your problem, Lauren? Why are you spreading lies about me?"

Lauren smirked and replied, "Oh, you didn't know? Everyone knows about you and Logan. It's the talk of the school."

I could feel my anger rising as I replied, "Logan and I are not together. And even if we were, it's none of your business. So keep your nose out of it."

How the fuck did she know about him and I?

"You're just a stupid little bitch to him. He'll get bored of you soon enough and come crawling back to me."

"Oh, like you? Like how he just dropped your ass? Why don't you tell your friends about the reason you started this shit?" I say to her angrily but trying not to yell or let her get that satisfaction from me.

"I only told the truth."

"Oh? Did you tell them he dumped your ass?" I ask.

Lauren squinted her eyes at me. "I only finished what you started, remember?"

I shake my head and step up to her, getting in her face. "Finished? Bitch I'll drown you."

"Go ahead." Lauren says and laughs.

She flips her hair in my face and turns to walk out with her bitch crew. My head was thumping. And I could feel a burning rage inside me.

I grab her hair and slam her face against the wall as hard as I can. Lauren falls to the floor, holding her bleeding nose and reddening forehead.

I stand over her, watching her friends as her friends to help and calm her down.

I should feel guilty, right? But I don't. I feel fucking fantastic. In fact, I wish I could do more.

"Checkmate bitch." I say to her to her and walk out.

~

Later that night, Logan and I sat on the couch in silence, both of us still reeling from the events of the day. Both of us got suspended for five days and a three day after-school detention.

Logan's dad paced back and forth in front of us, his face red with anger. "I can't believe you two got into a fight at school. What were you thinking?"

We remained silent, not wanting to anger him further.

"I want answers!" He yells.

"Jason talks too much. So I punched him." Logan says calmly.

His anger turned towards me as he said, "And you, young lady. I can't believe you would get into a fight with another student. You need to be punished."

I raise my eyebrow in confusion. "Punished?"

"You heard me." He says.

I scoff and chuckle. "Yeah, okay."

Logan and I tried not to laugh as we saw the desperation in my mom's eyes. She had never had to punish me before, and I could see her struggling with what to say.

In fact, it was my mom who taught me not to take anyone's shit.

Logan's dad turned to my mom and said, "You need to be firm with her. She can't just go around fighting with other students."

But my mom was hesitant. "I um... April.. what happened.."

"Mom, I told you. She started shit with me first. I just shut her up." I explain.

My mom smiles a bit before she changes her expression back to being serious.

"You can't go 'shutting people up." Mr Dawson said, still angry. "You're grounded."

"No, I'm not." I answer.

"Excuse me." He says in a quiet yet furious term.

"I see one of my parents in this room. If she says I'm grounded, then fine, but you? Nah." I say, getting up the couch and facing him.

"I'm your step-father, so I do have a right to punish you."

I tilt and shake my head. "Look, my dad's a lawyer, and he hasn't signed any papers giving you parental rights over me. The only thing you signed was a marriage certificate, and that won't take you far in court."

Okay, I'm literally talking out of my ass but who does he think he is?

"You've got to be joking." He says angrily.

My mom quickly gets up and separates us before she turns to me. "April, please. Just go to your room, okay?"

I sigh and nod. "Okay. No problem, mom."

~