𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ᥫ᭡

APRIL

Jake and I walked hand in hand with our phone flashlights on. It was so dark, and neither of us wanted to split up. We could hear shuffling and the sound of twigs being stepped on in the distance.

"Maybe we should give up." Jake whispers, clutching my hand tighter.

"We are not giving up." I say to him, shining my light so we don't bump into anything.

And so we don't fall into a possible empty grave.

Jake grips my arm so tight I feel the circulation to the rest of my arm is being cut off.

"What if he's not here and Lauren is fucking with us." Jake says shakily.

"That's.... highly likely.. should we call out his name?" I ask.

Jason eyes widen as I suggested calling out Logan's name. "Are you fucking kidding? For the angry spirits and demons to find us?"

"We're the only ones here with flashlights, so we're not exactly hiding."

"Fuck... call him again." Jake says.

I unlock my phone and call Logan's number again, listening to it ring.

"Wait, I hear something..." Jake says, and I lower the volume on my phone listening as well.

"That's Logan's ringtone. Come on, let's go."

"Or it's an angry spirit that's mad at us for disturbing its resting place." Jason mumbles behind me.

"Jesus."

"Yes. Jesus. We need him." He says franticly.

I ignore Jake and quickly make my way around the graves following the sound of the music. My heart was racing, and I was practically running at this point.

All I could think was Logan.

I finally found him passed out on his mom's grave with two empty bottles of alcohol next to him. My heart broke at the sight, but I was relieved to see that he was still breathing, but he was completely blacked out.

Jake finally caught up. "You left me!" He yelled.

"Jeez, I think you really woke up the dead now." I say to him. "I'm sorry. Help me with him."

Jake sighed, and we both picked him up. "God, he smells like he bathed in a barrel of whiskey."

I couldn't help but feel guilty. I brought this on.

Finally, we managed to reach the car, helping him into the backseat of Jake's car.

Jake takes Logan keys from his pocket and hands me his. "Wait, what are you doing? I don't have my drivers license." I say to him, a bit panicked.

"Have you ever driven a car before?" He asks.

"Yeah, but -"

"Then you got this." He says to me and around with his flashlight to find Logan's truck. I sigh and get into the drivers seat, starting the car to drive home.

The entire drive I kept looking back at Logan in the back seat. He has a small bruise on his cheek, and his hair is all messy. He looks nothing like the cocky guy I met in the club that night.

He just looks so beaten down.

As we arrived at the house, Jake and I both carried him to his room. Thankfully, Mr Dawson seemed to be asleep and nowhere in sight.

Jake and I lay Logan and his bed, and I pant. God, he weighs a ton.

"Thanks, Jason... I got it from here."

"Are you sure? I can stay and help," Jake offered, concern evident in his voice.

I nodded, grateful for his offer. "Thank you, Jake. But I think I'll be okay. I'll let you know if I need anything," I replied, giving him a small smile.

"Okay then." Jake says and leaves the room.

I sat by Logan's side, watching him sleep. I couldn't believe he had gotten this bad. I quickly grabbed a basin of warm soapy water and a clean rag, and then I undressed him. He was completely unresponsive, his body limp in my arms.

I gently cleaned him with the rag, my heart aching at the sight of him in such a vulnerable state. As I dabbed the rag on his face, he mumbled something in his drunken state.

"M-m-mom." He mumbled, not even opening his eyes.

"Logan, it's me. April," I said softly, hoping to bring him back to consciousness.

"April." He whispered softly and drifted back into his drunken slumber.

After I was done cleaning him, I got in bed behind him and wrapped my arm around his waist. It's just like he did to me. I sit up and kiss his cheek.

"I love you." I whisper to him, hoping he could somehow hear me. I stare down at him, hoping he'd say it back or wake up, but I sigh and lay back down.

~

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of Logan groaning. I sat up, seeing him slowly sit up and hold his head.

"Are you okay?" I ask yawning and sit up slowly.

He turns and glares at me coldly. "Go away, April."

My heart ached. "Logan, I just want you to be okay."

"Why do you even care? You're leaving." He said, his voice filled with bitterness.

I sighed, knowing that this was going to be a difficult conversation. "Logan, I'm just going to my dad's for a few weeks. It's not like I'm leaving forever," I tried to explain.

He shook his head, not wanting to hear it. "Just leave my room and go. I don't need your pity," he said, turning away from me.

I felt my heart break at his words, but I knew that this was just his pain and anger talking.

I get up, standing in front of him as he stays sitted on the bed. He looks up at me with an angry pout. I cup his face, caressing his cheeks with my thumbs softly.

"Don't.." He mumbled. "Don't go."

I sighed and kissed his forehead. "I'm sorry."

~