𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ᥫ᭡

APRIL

I watched as Logan stormed out of my room, feeling a mix of sadness and frustration. I knew he wouldn't understand why I needed to leave, but I couldn't stay here and face everyone after what happened.

I sat on my bed and let out a sigh, the weight of everything that had happened finally catching up to me. I couldn't cry anymore even though I wanted to. It's like I'm all cried out.

I decided to start packing for my trip to my dad's. I grabbed one of my suitcases and began putting in the essentials. I need this. I need to be away from here.

Later that day, my mom came into my room, a concerned look on her face.

"Honey, I've booked a plane ticket for you to leave on Saturday." She said, looking a bit sad.

I looked up at her, grateful for her understanding why I needed to leave.

"Thank you, mom. I really need this time away," I replied.

She sat down next to me on the bed and took my hand. "I know, sweetheart. Just remember, we're here for you, no matter what," she said, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I nodded, feeling grateful for her support. As much as I hated to leave Logan, I knew that I needed this time for myself. I just hoped that he would be okay without me.

"It's not too late to change your mind." She says.

"It is mom.. I need this."

~

Later that night, I was getting ready for bed when there was a knock on my door. I opened it to see my Mr Dawson standing there, an angry look on his face.

"Hey, April. Have you seen Logan? He wasn't at school today, and I can't seem to find him anywhere." he asked.

My heart skipped a beat. Logan wasn't at school? "No, I haven't seen him. Did you try calling him?" I asked, trying to hide my own worry.

Logan hasn't answered my texts all day, but I just thought he was just mad at me.

Mr Dawson shook his head. "I did, but he's not answering. I'm getting really worried," he said, his brows furrowed.

I know he may be worried, but I could tell he was more pissed than anything.

"I'll call around." I assure him.

"Thanks."

Once he left my room, I immediately grabbed my phone and called Logan's best friend, Jake. I needed to know if he was with him.

"Hey, April. What's up?" Jake answered.

"Hey, have you seen Logan? He wasn't at school today, and his dad can't find him," I explained, trying my to sound as natural as possible.

"No, I haven't seen him. But I'll go look for him now. Do you want me to pick you up?" Jake asked.

"Yes, please. I need to find him," I replied.

I quickly got dressed, putting on the hoodie Logan had me and waited for Jake to pick me up.

This is my fault.

~

As soon as Jake pulled up, I ran outside and got into his car as fast as I could.

"Hey." Jake said as soon as I got in.

"Do you have any idea where he could be?" I asked as I strap myself in.

Jake shook his head. "I called around, but no one knows where he is. Even his usual hangout spots are empty." He said, clearly frustrated.

I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"But..." Jake says.

I raise my eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "But what?"

"There's one person who might know where he is or he might be with her...'

"Ugh."

"Logan is impulsive. Lauren knows him better than either of us." He says and stares at the road.

Would Logan really go back to Lauren? The thought of them together makes me so sick that I can feel the urge to throw up.

"Just call her." Jake says

I took a deep breath and reluctantly called Lauren.

This is for Logan. At least that's what I kept saying in my head so I don't immediately call her a jealous thieving cunt.

"What do you want?" Lauren answered, her voice dripping with snippiness.

"I need your help. Do you know where Logan is?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Why would I know? We broke up, remember?" She replied, her tone sharp and rude.

I bit my tongue, feeling a surge of anger towards her. "Lauren. It's important. I'm really worried about him," I pleaded.

"I don't give a fuck what you are. You're a slut who couldn't keep her legs closed and fucked up my life." Lauren said angrily.

"Listen to me. I could've ratted you out for the stunt you pulled, but I didn't. You might hate me, but I know you're still hopelessly obsessed with Logan. Help me find him."

After a long pause, she finally spoke. "Fine. If he's upset, he's probably at his mom's grave. That's where he goes whenever he's upset," she said, her voice softening slightly.

I felt a chill run down my spine. "You mean a graveyard.... at night..."

"Yes. A graveyard." Lauren said and chuckled. "Goodluck fucker." She said and hang up the phone before I could get another word in.

"What did she say?" Jake asked.

I cringe and shake my head. "A graveyard. His mom's grave."

"A fucking what?" He repeats stunned. "It's ten PM."

"I know. It creeps me out too..."

"Fuck."

"Do you know where his mom was buried?" I ask.

"Yeah, I do... are you sure about this?" Jak asks, sounding scared and worried.

"We have to try. At least for Logan."

~