𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆 ᥫ᭡

APRIL

As Ally and I hung out in my room, we talked and laughed, getting to know each other better. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get along with her.

"I love your locket. Where did you get it?" She asked

"Oh, it was a gift from my dad on my sixteenth birthday." I turn the locket to show her our engraved initials.

"That's really cute." She says and gets up, going into my closet.

"Thanks, I never take off."

As she looked through my closet, she couldn't help but comment on my clothes.

"Wow, you have such a great style. I wish I had your fashion sense," she said, pulling out a cute dress.

I smiled, "Thanks. Feel free to try on anything you like."

Ally's eyes widened in surprise, "Really? Lauren always says I'm too fat to fit into any of her clothes."

"Don't listen to her its classic basic bitch behavior. You're beautiful just the way you are."

Ally smiled, looking at me. "Thanks, April. You're a great friend."

"Is this a private fashion show, or can anyone join?" Logan teased, making us both jump in surprise.

I didn't notice Logan leaning against the door frame, watching us with a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes, "Don't you have practice or something to go to?"

He shrugged, "Eh, I can skip one day."

"Of course you get special privileges." Ally says.

Ally and I both share a look of agreement and chuckle.

"I wanted to see what all the fuss was about." He says.

I couldn't resist teasing him back, "Oh, are you jealous that you're not the only one who gets to see my amazing wardrobe?"

He chuckled, "I've seen you in better." Logan bites his bottom lip seductively at me before smirking and looking back at Ally. "Have fun."

As soon as he leaves, Ally looks at me with a shocked expression. "What was that?"

I quickly got up and closed my door before turning to Ally, feeling a little nervous.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Yeah, duh."

"I'm serious, Ally. I don't have any friends here, and I feel like I'm going to explode if I don't tell someone."

"Oh damn this must really be good or really bad."

I took a deep breath and mumbled out, "Logan and I... we actually hooked up before I found out he was my new stepbrother."

Ally's eyes widened in shock, "No way! How did that even happen?"

I shrugged, feeling embarrassed. "We were both at a club, and things just happened. But then the next day, I'm moving in here, and it turns out he was the guy I stupidly hooked up with is my new stepbrother."

Ally didn't look judgmental or disgusted like I feared. Instead, she just laughed and said, "I'm sorry, but if your life was a book, I'd totally read it."

"Not funny." I groaned and collapsed onto my bed.

"Okay, okay, but you have to admit it's crazy." She says.

"Trust me, I know."

"Well.. do you love him?"

"What ew no. I just.. I really like his tongue.. and his.. other parts." I say while playing with the corner of my shirt.

I don't love Logan it's just purely physical attraction with him.

Ally laughs again and lays down next to me. "So what's the problem exactly?"

"The problem is that he wants us to keep doing what we did, but we're -"

"Basically, family." She says, finishing my sentence.

"I just... I don't wanna fuck this up. It's already weird enough as it is."

"My advice is don't do it." Ally says in a sad tone.

I turn onto my belly and stare at her. "You okay?"

"Yeah, but I'm telling you Logan and Lauren are toxic for each other.. you'll just end up getting hurt."

I'm quiet for a while, not knowing what to say.

"Ally, are you in love with Logan?" I ask.

She shakes her head and sighs. "Not Logan. Lauren."

My eyes widen as soon as the words leave her mouth. Lauren? LAUREN?

"You're joking. She's so...."

"Bitchy? Mean? Selfish?" Ally says, and I nod. "I know, but she makes me feel really special sometimes."

"Ally, you deserve someone who makes you feel special all the time."

"I know, I know." She says. "But it doesn't matter. Lauren and Logan only have eyes for each other. They're so absorbed in each other that they don't notice the girls like us."

"Girls like us?"

"Yeah, the girls who are looking at them while they're looking at someone else. The girls who don't get the guy at the end of the movie. The girls who try, but no matter what we do, we'll always be side characters in someone else's story. Girls like us get hurt while girls like Lauren get the guy, and we're left alone to pick up the broken pieces of our shattered hearts." She said nonchalantly.

"I'm not in love with him." I say to her.

Ally looks at me and tilts her head. "Maybe not yet. But you will. Trust me."

I sigh and lay on my back once again. Is she right? If I give into Logan, is that what I'm signing up for? To be his little play toy until he dumps me to be with Lauren? Maybe Ally is right. I should stay away from him.

~

Hmm. Thoughts?

 Thoughts?