12

⚠️ Character Death ⚠️

The day began perfectly, Sunday,  but within a snap, everything rolled downhill. You didn't know what to do. The scene unfolded before you and your eyes read terror. You couldn't believe what was happening. Unfortunately you would be forced out as the other adults had to do their job. But you had to be right there...To let them know that you were there. (Could it be in Parts and Services with Sun and Moon about Lunar and Eclipse or the Hospital with Arty? 🤔)

Unfortunately, after hearing a few words, it was as if you were in the dark...You couldn't believe it. Your expression just..blank. Tears running from your eyes. Walking in, you see them. Reaching out, you grab a hand and fall to your knees. You cry as you hold their hand. It can't be true. It just can't be. Lifting your head up, you just look at them. Their expression was just...blank. Nothing...You reach up and rub their face. (I could be talking about Arty or the two bots...you just gotta continue reading 🤪)

"I love you," you squeaked before kissing their hand. Coming to a stand, you remove yourself from the building. Getting in your car, you just sit as you cry. Please. Not them. I can't relive this. I already did with them. I can't do it again. In distress, you remind yourself what you like to do when you're upset. Long drives. So with that you start your car, back out of the parking spot, and start driving. You didn't even want to go home. You just wanted to drive...

Tuesday rolling around, you come into the parking lot of the Pizzaplex. You park and begin to exit the vehicle. As you head inside, it seems that you don't even bother to put your hand on the door handles. You just push them open with your body. You were still distressed at the fact you were never gonna see them again. You walked to the security office, grabbed the Daycare keys and began up the stairs. As you made it to the second floor, you turn towards the Daycare doors. How will I tell you two? That they're gone.

Beginning to walk towards the doors, your pace slows. It's still a walk but so much slower than your normal fast pace. Once you reach the doors, you push through them. Surprisingly, with how slow you're walking, you make it into the Daycare with 20 minutes left before the Daycare opens. Could you be sure you were alright to work? It's been two days since. You've been telling yourself over and over again that you were perfectly fine to go back and work but something kept telling you to take a break from it. You didn't listen. You never listen to things like that. It's just not who you are.

Descending the stairs, you reach the bottom. Journeying towards the doors, you unlock them. Entering the Daycare, you kept your blank expression as you reached for your punch card. You were surprised when Sun and Moon didn't appear from the balcony. You peer up towards it but they were not there. They normally greet you there when it's around this time.

"Sun. Moon," you call out, your voice sounding monotone with no expression. Upon hearing you, the two appear. They were excited to see you. But you didn't return the emotion. You felt drained from any.

"Sunray. You alright? You don't seem like yourself today," Sun began after exiting the ball pit. Moon took notice of this too. Sun was right. You weren't. You don't reply. You just put your punch card back and turned on the monitors.

"Starshine," Moon began as he reached towards you.

"I'm fine. Why not get ready for the children today," you reply in the same monotone voice. Scanning you, Moon can see why you are like this.

Moon: They're in distress, Sunny.

Sun: What is it from? They've never been like this before.

Moon: Could be anything...Do you suppose we ask?

Nodding towards the moon bot, the two approach you with worry and concern. Seeing their action, you look up. Sighing, you turn and begin to make your way to gather whatever is needed for the day ahead. Wanting to figure out the problem, they follow. Hearing their footsteps, your expression angers with annoyance. As you keep moving around the Daycare, they continue to follow.

"Ugh! WHAT IS WITH YOU TWO TODAY?! FIRST YOU DON'T COME DOWN LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO THEN YOU FOLLOW ME AROUND THE DAYCARE! WHAT IS IT," you question through shouts. Looking at one another, they are a bit speechless.

"WHAT?! CAN'T TELL ME?! CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE," you yell.

"What's wrong Y/N," Sun questions. Turning as you continue to arrange everything, you let out an angered sigh.

"Nothing. I'm fine," you mumble but they could hear you somehow.

"Starshine please. We need to know what is wrong with you," Moon began as he knelt down behind you.

"NO YOU DON'T! I DON'T NEED TO TELL YOU ANYTHING!!! I JUST.. I just. He's.. He's," you begin but tears have flooded from your eyes.

"Sunray," Sun questions as he too kneels but to the side.

"Please. What's wrong," Moon adds.

"He's gone...Arty's dead," you reply and their expressions were pure shock and filled with disbelief. The black oil-like tears even began to make their way from the bots' eyes. That can't be true. Arty can't be. He can't be gone.