18

You couldn't believe what you saw. How could he be fading? Why was he fading? Typing away at the keyboard, you reply.

What do you mean you're fading?

For the past couple months I've noticed it. At first, I didn't think anything of it but last month, it became painful. I was so scared to ask for help. I didn't want to.

We'll figure this out okay? You will just have to hang tight until we can. I can talk to Moon but I'd have to wait until the Daycare closes. Can you wait till then?

I think so...

Moving away from the monitors as naptime was coming to an end, you get ready for the children to wake. You also tend to look towards the balcony. You can't help but wonder. How could Lunar be fading if he's part of Moon?

Surprisingly, closing time came quickly to the Daycare. Saying bye to the last child as they leave through the doors, you turn to tidy things up. As you do clean a bit, you don't tend to hear your phone 'blaring' with volume. So could Moon be 'dead' from 0 charge or rest mode? Exiting the main Daycare and up towards the theater, something tells you that you might be too late.

Walking towards the Foxy the Pirate poster, you open it and walk through. As you walk down, the silence gets to you. It would never be this quiet up here unless Moon was charging or in rest mode. The only sounds you could hear were your own footsteps and thoughts. You hoped he wasn't dead from no charge. It wouldn't be wasted that quickly in one day. Arriving at the door, you push on the bar and push the door open.

Once you enter, all you see is a dark room with Moon's body and clothing glowing. Walking over to the switch, you continue to look at the bot. Flipping the switch on as you arrive, you can see Moon fully. His appearance took you by surprise. How could that be possible? His coloration seemed to have faded or dulled. You could hear his fans so you knew he was fine. Walking over to the bot, you try to shake him up. His eyes regaining their red and blue color, he turns his head towards you.

"Starshine," he questions. You smile as an answer. Helping him sit up, you see the Sun plush. He must've been up here listening to Sun all day. Reaching for your phone, you tap the screen and see the battery percentage. It was low. Like real low. Yep. Just as I thought.

"Moony," you begin. The bot just looks at you with saddened eyes. He didn't want to say anything but he did have some things on his mind.

"I want Sunny back. I miss him. It's been too long without him here. I want my brother," Moon replied.

"I know you do. I do too but we just have to wait until Eugene can fix him. He also has to work on getting Lunar and Eclipse," you respond.

"I told him not to worry about it. I want him to work on getting Sun back. I don't care about those two right now," Moon practically replied with attitude. Doesn't care? That's not like Moon at all. You were dumbfounded. How could he not care about them?!

"But Moon. If Eugene doesn't get them up and running, we might not have any help here," you inform him.

"So what. I want Sun back," Moon repeated. Now he's being selfish. Yes you want Sun back too but you also want Lunar and Eclipse to know what it's like to be their own 'person.'

"What did you exactly tell Eugene," you question.

"I expect to see Sun in less than a month. If he is unable to get Sun finished, I'd put him in a permanent Naptime. He can have the others work on the Glamrocks. This was a few weeks ago," Moon answered.

"* Sigh * You can't threaten anyone like that Moon. If Eugene is actually working on Sun right now and trying to get him done before next week, he's going to tire himself trying to accomplish that. You don't understand that making a robot from scratch takes tons and tons of time,' you begin. Moon lets out a huff and turns himself where he's staring at the wall. 'A lot needs to go into making robots. You have to make sure tests run smoothly, all the coding is done properly. This does not just happen in a month. Also keep in mind that Eugene has to rebuild Sun's endo as well. That would be almost a whole month to complete. It took that same amount of time when he was building you both separate bodies."

"Does it look like I care?! I WANT MY BROTHER BACK," Moon yelled.

"I know you do. That's all you care about. I understand. When you two were gone for months, all I wanted was for you two to return. I wanted you back so badly but I knew what would happen if I asked them to hurry," you replied. Moon letting out another huff, you sigh.

"Lunar talked to me," you begin.

"How?! I haven't allowed him to come online for a while," Moon responded with a bit of anger.

"We have computers. Did you forget," you question with an annoyed look.

"So what if he talked to you?! He doesn't need to come online," Moon replied. That must've hit the nail on the head. You didn't want to snap at him but you knew that if he continued to make these kind of comments, it would happen soon enough.

"Please Moony. Just so he can relax without having to worry," you begin.

"What does he have to worry about?! Hmmm let me think. Nothing. He's fine," Moon remarks.

"You have to let him out once in a while. Maybe even once a month is fine. It doesn't matter when it happens as long as it's soon," you continue.

"It's not like he's Sun who I've been able to see every single day. He'll be fine," Moon replied. Sighing again, with anger as you knew what you about to do, you don't know if he will let Lunar out afterwards.

"Right now he's the closest thing you have to a sibling! He'll end up like Sun if you don't! He's fading,' you begin with shouts. Moon's eyes widen. What? Turning around towards you, he can see that tears had begun to shed. 'If you don't let him out, he'll be gone! Just like Sunny! Do you want to be left alone again?! I know I sure don't! If you don't, Lunar will die Moony! I don't know how much longer he has until he's fully gone from you but because of you not allowing him the freedom to walk around for months, he's been in pain! Do you really want to be the reason he dies?!" Raising your hands to your face as you feel your tears running from your eyes, you cover them. Moon didn't know what to do. Lunar in pain because of him? No. No no no. That couldn't be. Moon didn't want anyone else to be harmed because of him.

"All I ask is that you let him out for a few hours. Please," you beg. Looking at you, a small yet saddened smile swims onto his face. Closing his eyes, he allows Lunar to come out. Once Lunar's coloration has taken place, all you hear is a thud. Taking your hands away from your face, you see Lunar with dull, faded coloring and dark eyes. Were you too late?