Not so bad

"Your highness. wake up" a voice spoke. I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I sat up clutching my head still feeling nauseous "take this" the voice spoke again as a hand came into view. I turned to see lilia who gave me some herbs "chew on these, the headaches will go away eventually" He stated. I grabbed the herbs and did as I was told. The more I chewed, the more bitter these leafs became but my headache was gone tho. Once I was done chewing, I spit them out in the trash that was provided for me. "Better" he asked and I nod "good, Malleus is waiting for you in his study. You two need to discuss things about the wedding next week" Lilia said. My eyes grew wide "n next week. Isn't that too soon" I asked as I sat up straight "malleus wants this to happen as soon as possible. You should be grateful I managed to convince him to change the date" lilia said. I stayed quiet which only made the general sigh "I hoped you had some Opinions to share with our young lord or you don't mind your first and only wedding to be handled without your supervision." Lilia stated as his face palmed as it snapped me out of my daze "Right. Thank you general"

"What do you think?" malleus asked as he beams at me. I could only glance at the plans in total disarray "malleus perhaps a little less gargoyles can make the altur less cramped.. I don't even see a place for the priest" lilia sighed which made malleus pout "I have to agree perhaps you can remove that huge stature and put it in the lobby when people inter" I add and malleus sighs "Fine. If that's what my queen/king wants" malleus snaps his fingers and removes the gargoyle statue "Lilia may i have a moment. I want to speak to my spouse alone" Malleus asked and Lilia bows "take all the time you need" he adds before teleporting off. "I must confess I never thought this day would come" Malleus said as he scooted closer,towering over me "I also must apologize for this" he states as he looks down barely meeting my gaze "Humans are not as adaptable as fae and change brings humans stress. I thought it would be fine If I met you right away but you..collapse" He rambles "I don't want you to hate me or find me...monstrous" he confessed. I didn't know what to think. I couldn't believe that this was malleus. He's so nice but now he's so...manic. I grasp his hands making him look at me "well...yes this was all shocking to me. Being dragged away from home and being used for universal peace but. That's just the way the cards we were given" I said "How about we just get to know each other. We have a week right?Lets just take this slowly" I suggested. Malleus' eyes glowed as his tail swayed "I knew it. I knew you were as kind as they say." Malleus added as he brought my hands to his lips and kissed them gently. "How about we choose the flowers for the venue." I suggested as I smiled almost like an instant connection...

"It was not so bad at the beginning.like a fairy tale. I would never thought things would end this way"