Disturbance

She ran down the streets in the dead of the night, wondering to herself about her newfound freedom. Her chains are broken. She smiled and jumped onto a lamppost, spinning on it. She laughed to herself and landed on the cobblestone street, questioning herself. "What is this feeling of power and drive, I have never known this, I feel alive!" she said, laughing to herself. "I do not know what I seek. Yet! I shall seek it alone! I have this thirst I cannot deprive, never have I felt so alive! There is no battle I couldn't survive, feeling like this, feeling alive!"

She outstretched her hand to the full moon, mesmerized by its beauty illuminating the streets. "Like the moon, an enigma," she began, "lost and alone in the night. Damned by some heavenly stigma, but blazing with light!" The moon was so bright she could observe her shadow. She observed her shadow, and it looked like that of her counterpart, Katherine Jekyll. She looked closer and it was only herself. She smiled evilly.

"It's the feeling of being alive! Filled with evil but truly alive! It is the truth that cannot be denied! It's the feeling of being Elizabeth Hyde!"

She laughed like a maniac. She inhaled the night air. She began to walk down the streets observing the shoppes. She felt the cold, chilly wind through her hair.

"It is very quiet tonight," said Elizabeth. She observed her surroundings and noticed a pile of lumber on the side of the cobblestone.

"Look at all this, it is chaotic and slovenly. I shall tear it all down!" She laughed evilly to herself as she took her cane and broke a pile of wood lumber into splinters.

"What else can I break...?" She wondered to herself. She laughed and observed the shops on the street. She had seen a wooden stand with an array of fish displayed.

"This smelly fish stand," she laughed, "I shall tear it apart!"

She shoved the sides of the stands to the sides. Elizabeth watched as the fish fell to the floor, basking in the chaos she had created.

"It feels so wonderful!" She exclaimed, "I shall bask in this sensation of disorderly function!"

She laughed to herself and wondered what else she could break. She walked around the alley, the cold night air feeling fresh against her skin. With a few steps down the cobblestone paving in Blind Alley, she soon had spotted a stand of glass tea sets under a lamp. She felt sudden irritation and looked around, seeing that all the streetlamps were on.

"Damn," She said to herself, "If I had the tools, I would turn all these damned lights off! It is too damn bright outside for someone of my stature to be lurking around this late at night!" She laughed and reconsidered.

"Wait a minute," she paused and looked at her cane in her clawed hands. "I can destroy these!"

She laughed evilly as she broke the glass lamps with her cane, she continued to laugh like a maniac. She inhaled the deep night air and smiled in the dark, feeling alive with the sensation of danger.

"Now," She inhaled and pushed back her hair, "When I see something so orderly..." she raised her cane high and smiled to herself. "I must destroy it!" She smashed the glassware with her cane, the sound of the wood splintering and the glass shattering was noisy and rather terrible. She laughed like a madwoman and smiled, satisfied with her work.

"Perfect! That wonderful sound! The sound of chaos! I love it!"

She chuckled to herself and walked down receding from the scene. As she walked on the side of the cobblestone street closest to the buildings, she ran into a small girl, who was as tall as her knees.