Explosion

In the month of October, a full year later, Ms. Hyde had escaped from the prison which was Dr. Jekyll's consciousness. She transformed into herself and walked down into the night, feeling free from her mental confinements. She had broken out and taken over Dr. Jekyll's body at a time when she was weak, mentally and physically. This is the only way she can let herself out, her window of opportunity. She twirled in the cobblestone street and made her way down the street to the pub. She thought she could use a drink.

Elizabeth took off her cloak and hung it nicely on the rack. She opened the doors to the pub and walked behind the bar speaking to the bartender.

"You," said she, "Have you made me a better drink?" "Yes Madam," said the wary bartender, handing her a wine made for the finest and richest only. Elizabeth took it, drinking it. She set it down, sitting on the bar. "I have seen a lot of boys in blue swarming lately. Did you report me?" The bartender began to shake. "Tell me! Did you report me?

"N—no Madam! Honest on the Lord! I did not do a thing..."

"How can I trust you. You shall pay for this, you little rat."

Elizabeth's tone was harsh and unforgiving. She glared at the bartender, baring her sharp teeth. The bartender turned white with fear.

"Please believe me Madam. I apologise! Truly."

Customers at the pub began to talk amongst themselves, wary of the stranger who had come in.

"Look at her," said the man to another, "People are scared just observing her! I must take action."

The man stood up, confronting Ms. Hyde. "Hey! You over there! Fix yourself! You behave unfitting for someone who claims to be a lady."

Ms. Hyde turned around with disgust, looking at him. "Who the hell are you?"

"Stop harassing the people and disperse from here! You are not welcome!"

Ms. Hyde's disgusted look soon turned to a laugh, she had a small giggle before she arose off the bar, approaching him. "You have picked the wrong time to mess with me, my good sir." You have picked the wrong time to challenge my power!"

She laughed and gripped her cane firmly. The man appeared frightened, taking steps backwards. He stood his ground, continuing his confrontation to Ms. Hyde. "What is it you want, you monster? You wish to fight? Come my way!"

Ms. Hyde laughed and smiled, standing firmly. "As you wish, Sir."

She approached him, thwacking him with her cane in the midriff and the sides. She tossed his body to the floor with a laugh. She stepped on him and he tried to grab her ankle, failing miserably. Ms. Hyde continued to laugh, and she bruised his limbs. The man was strangely able to push her off, standing up and punching her quite a few times. She dodged but one hit her in the arm, which angered her. The devil of a woman exploded with a fit of anger, impaling the poor man with her cane. The man bled profusely, backing into a wall for support. Ms. Hyde laughed hoarsely and stood up straight, seething at the bruise in her side. She growled lowly before grinning, basking in the aura of her mischief.

"What a fool! Never dare cross me. I still have bruises littering my form, but I feel strength returning to me, coursing throughout my form. There is not enough to stand against these other bastards however..." She chuckled and grabbed her cloak and fastened the clasp, throwing on her top hat, and slamming the door behind her as she disappeared into the fog down the street.