Suppression

On the twenty-sixth day of December, Jekyll was helping with the Church and doing more charity work. She smiled and was listening to people's needs. She was speaking with a man and smiled as he bid farewell and left.

"Understood. Goodbye!" said Jekyll.

No one was passing by the streets, so Jekyll stood there on the by-street on her own. She sighed and had a solemn expression bestowed upon her face.

"I have been suppressing this urge for a long time," said she, "And I have been doing more than usual charity work for the church. Ha!" She had a smirk upon her face. "No one in this town is interested in being charitable except for I!"

She looked around, her smirk holding sinister emotion. She laughed a little, her emotion not one of her own.

"Everyone is so foolish, lazy, and heartless! But of course! The cannot be compared to me! Me! Doctor Katherine Jekyll, the scientist and philanthropist! Who would suspect a reputable scientist such as I? I shall make my donation..."

She held her head, and then felt a chill run down her body. She gasped in shock as she felt it. She fell ill and remembered this feeling.

"Impossible," she said, "I am dizzy, light-headed, and nauseous..."

She felt anger and tried to remember the feeling more clearly. "What is this?" she said, anger in her voice.

A pedestrian passing by noticed her. "Are you alright Madam?" said the pedestrian.

Jekyll held her side as she began to shake with a chill in her body. "I feel... unwell! This pain! No! No! No it cannot possibly be... I mustn't! Not here!"

She finally understood what it was that was occurring within her. She gasped as she felt herself loosing oxygen rather quickly.

"Oh my! It is you! Dr. Jekyll! Are you alright?"

Dr. Jekyll panted heavily and began to feel her energy falter. She sat down on a nearby bench and passed out from weakness, for she had suppressed her counterpart for too long.

"Oh my Lord! A carriage! I shall call you a carriage to transport you back to your house. Someone help! This is the famous philanthropist, Dr. Jekyll!"

Time passed quickly and soon Dr. Jekyll came about of her surroundings. Poole has set her on the couch b the fireplace, and she had a damp rag placed on her forehead. She sat up, and felt plagued.

"What happened earlier?" She tried to stand but immediately fell. She felt the chill run down her form once more, and she shook her head.

"No! Pull it together. I must control it. If not... No! I cannot hold on anymore—"

She shrieked in pain as she felt her transformation occur. Her bones shortened and her hands turned to claws. Her skin turned white and her teeth became sharp as knives. She winced and sobbed; the pain was too much to bear. Soon she had fallen to rest and Elizabeth Hyde was left to take over the vessel. Elizabeth stood, coming to her senses. She breathed softly, soon coming to the realization that is has been two months since her disappearance.

"Has it been two months already?" She walked around the common room, the fire illuminating her ominous and eerie shadow. She laughed, doubling over and holding onto a small table for support. "This cannot be happening! I transformed without the medicine! Damn it all! How is this possible?"

She angrily kicked over the couch with a deep growl emitting from her. She kicked over the table as well, a fury taking over her.

"I must proceed to the laboratory before one sees me. Something must be wrong with the medicine! This should not be happening! I must be calm... Elizabeth Hyde never makes mistakes!"

She laughed in a crazed state, proceeding for the laboratory. She entered the room, greeted by the sounds of bubbling on the other side of the room. The room echoed with the down of her heels as she walked in the laboratory. She went over to the table and pulled the list from the drawer, beginning to make the mixture.

"I must double the dose, or else it will not be strong enough," she said. She doubled the mixture and drank it. Within seconds she growled in pain as she began to transform back into her other self.

Dr. Jekyll soon gasped as she had control over the body; as if she had just been recused from drowning. The feeling of being suppressed whilst another was taking control is the feeling of drowning inside a darkness that you cannot escape from until the other recedes and gives you back control once more. She sobbed as she felt her heart clench in sadness. She sank to the ground and sat with her back to the mirror, sobbing into her hands.

"No! I wish for you to be gone from me. This should never have happened! For I, the good and kind Doctor Katherine Jekyll, will never submit to evil! I swear upon it! Never! I hope you are hearing this, you devil, for you may never see the light of day again, for as long as I live."

She angrily stared at her reflection before throwing a flask to the mirror, watching the flask shatter and the mirror stay intact. She stormed out of the lab, brushing her tears away.