3 am: Prologue

A/N: So, this is gonna be very short, maybe. I'm writing this while in school lol- BUT this is what is gonna be the start of this story. From here it is just a matter of commitment, brain rot, and Monster Energy drinks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a typical late night—it was almost 3 am, yet you were still wide awake and positioned in front of your laptop. The rest of the room was dark, except for the light emitting from the screen, your mom was asleep in the other room and you were trying your best not to sob aloud. Why are you crying in a dark room at 3 in the morning? You have just finished Telltale's The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition. The story was a wild roller coaster from the start. While processing what your tired mind could, you checked the time—it was very late...and you had school in the morning.

Drying your eyes on your palm, you calmed down and stood up with a stretch. Your body was crying in a desperate plea to lie down—your legs and back hurt from sitting in a stiff position for god knows how long. With a sigh, you closed the game and your laptop and waddled over to the bed in the dark. After getting on the mattress, and yanking the blankets over your head, it wasn't long before you passed out.

Suddenly, you jumped awake hearing a loud crash off in the distance. After a minute of coming to, you realized that you were NOT in the comfort of your bed—and rather in the middle of the woods, slumped against a log next to a smoldering campfire and off in the distance, above the trees–you could see a giant plume of smoke towering in the sky. Getting up off the cold, hard, ground, You looked over and saw a bag that was covered in stitches and patches. Glancing around and seeing nobody else, you grabbed the bag and slung it over your shoulder, and found a hatchet in the dirt beside it. You had some urge to keep the hatchet...just in case, before heading off in the direction of the smoke.