One Whole Family

(A/N: OMFG IMMA CRY---THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER AND THIS IS THE FIRST FIC I'VE EVER FINISHED OMG...It's 12:17 am (EST) and I'm thirsty af...imma go get a drink now and probably cry)

A week had passed—and AJ and I had gone to the river to do some spear fishing. Things were calm and peaceful now. AJ and I walked up to the riverbank and with a soft clank, AJ set a bucket down.

"Ready to catch some fish?" I asked with a smile.

"You bet I am!" AJ looked up at me with a grin.

We both looked down at the water and readied our spears—before we each took turns stabbing them into the water, pulling a fish out as it flopped violently on the spear.

"Haha, gotcha," AJ giggled as he pulled his first fish out of the water before he tossed it into the bucket.

"Nice!" I smiled before I stabbed through the current, raising my spear as I pulled out a fish. "Into the bucket you go," I hummed and pulled it off the end of the spear and dropped it in with the others.

Rosie had joined us and sat behind the bucket, watching us as her tongue hung out of her mouth and she panted happily. She rose to her feet and looked into the bucket, before her eyes fell on AJ and I and she barked happily.

"Who's a good girl?" AJ asked the dog with a smile. "It's you, Rosie!"

The dog whined happily, her nubbed tail wagging violently behind her as she watched us.

"Goodest girl in the world," I added on and AJ nodded.

We turned our attention back to the water and AJ managed to nab another fish out of the water.

"Boom-boom," AJ chuckled.

"Another one for the count," I chuckled.

I managed to stab another fish and plopped it into the bucket, and with a sigh—I looked into the bucket.

"Alright, AJ. I think we've got enough," I looked over at him.

"Okay," AJ smiled and pet Rosie. "I can put the spears away."

"Thanks, AJ," I smiled and handed him my spear.

AJ headed off towards the fishing shack, and he took some time inside. I sat on the edge of the bank, looking at the water with a content sigh. It wasn't until I heard the door to the fishing shack open that I stood up. AJ walked back over with a smile and I looked down at him.

"Ready to go?" I asked him.

Just as he was about to answer, we both looked down into the water and saw a familiar sight...it was Clem's hat bobbing down the water. AJ rushed to grab it, but he missed. We both ran down to the bridge and I tried getting it—but it was barely out of my reach as my fingers brushed the wet fabric.

"No!" AJ muttered and tried grabbing it from the other side of the small wooden bridge.

"No, no!" We both exclaimed as the hat continued floating down the water.

That was when Rosie ran into the water and caught the hat for us. Both AJ and I sighed in relief as Rosie brought it over to us.

"Yes!" AJ exclaimed with a grin.

"I can't wait to see Clem's face when we give it back to her," I smiled.

AJ went over and took the hat from Rosie, "Good girl!"

Suddenly, off in the distance...we looked over and heard the soft groans of a walker. AJ put Clem's hat away as we both slowly walked over...AJ then pulled out his gun and raised it. Our gazes softened when we both realized who the walker was...It was Tenn...