Fight Preparations

It was a late night after those two weeks had passed, and Clem had walked back into the room we shared and inspected the map that was spread out on the dresser. There were all sorts of marks on the map, indicating where things would go and such. A few things were still under consideration, like traps inside the admin building and a bomb near the front. Everyone was more on edge, since there was no sign of the raiders...yet. I walked into the room and shut the door behind myself, before I walked up behind Clem and looked over her shoulder...tempted to wrap my arms around her waist. I refrained, but the temptation was very strong. I had been talking to Ruby about it in private...and I'm starting to feel more certain that I have feelings for Clem, but I was still getting mixed signals on how Clem felt about me. Ruby mentioned that she does talk about me a lot, and that she blushes a bit when she does, too...but I'd rather just have her come out and tell me that she likes me rather than me racking my brain over it.

    "Hey, Y/N," Clem said softly, easily noticing my presence.

    "Looking over the map again?" I asked, looking at her before I looked back down at the map.

    "Yeah. We have to make sure everything is perfect," Clem said with a sigh. "We've been walking on eggshells these last few weeks...there's been no sign of the raiders, and everyone's on edge."

    I nodded a bit and gently put a hand on her shoulder. "It's gonna be okay, Clem," I said softly before I rested my head on her shoulder, too. "Everything is almost set—and who knows. Maybe they're bluffing."

    Clem shook her head. "I know Lilly. When she says or does something, she always means business."

    I sighed a bit—knowing Clem was right. I was starting to forget sometimes that I knew the storyline. It wasn't hard at first, but now that this is my reality and I'm living this...it slips away from me until a certain thing is mentioned...that made me uneasy, since I remembered that the raiders would be coming soon. I rubbed her back comfortingly, before I stood up with a stretch. Clem looked over and saw AJ curled up in bed, and she smiled slightly. I personally was feeling better after the gunshot incident—but I got an occasional pain in my side. It wasn't as bad as it was before...and unfortunately I went back to sleeping on the top bunk so Clem could have her own bed back...even though we'd sometimes fall asleep cuddling each other every now and again. Just it wasn't for a week straight anymore...

    "Well...it's been a long day," Clem said with a sigh. "We should get some sleep."

    "More like a long two weeks," I replied with a chuckle. "But yeah. Especially you."

    "Do you wanna sleep on my bunk again? You haven't really since last week," Clem asked.

I blushed a little at the offer, unsure of how to answer. I wanted to—but at the same time I am feeling better, and we aren't even dating or anything so...

    "I'm doing better, Clem. I can sleep on the top bunk like I have been," I said and rubbed my neck. "Not unless you really want me to...I...wouldn't really mind..."

    Clem gave me a small smile and took my hand, before she pulled me over to the bed. "Get comfortable," she said with a yawn. "It's a little cold tonight, anyways."

    I blushed and scooted back against the wall, my usual spot when we shared the bunk. "Okay, okay...fair enough," I said and laid down, watching Clem's figure as she laid beside me.

I felt Clem's arm around my side, and I put mine around hers before we pulled each other closer—and I could feel the heat radiating from her body. I gently nuzzled my face into the crevice between her collar and jaw, sighing contently. Clem smiled a little and closed her eyes.