The Consiquences

After what happened last night...I was truly unable to sleep. After AJ shot Marlon...nobody knew what to do. The others freaked out, Clementine was lost—I feel responsible. I knew it was coming. I could've stopped it if I grabbed the gun. I was the last person to go inside after what happened...Clem tried to get me to go in with her and AJ but I just sat there on my knees. I didn't say a word, staring over at Marlon's body... "I tried to warn him..." was all I whispered...I stayed out there until the rain ceased and the sun was starting to come up. I was soaked through and still covered in Brody's blood. I got up off the ground just as Louis, Violet and the other original school kids came out. I couldn't look at any of them, so I swiftly turned and ran to the room I shared with Clementine and AJ. AJ was up early, and Clementine was just beginning to stir. I tossed my bloody and wet t-shirt on the ground, before pulling on my jacket so I wouldn't be walking around in a sports bra anymore.

"Y/N?" AJ asked and looked over. He was kneeling at a little metal contraption that had a flame lit under it.

Clementine had just woken up, I could tell—and she was surprised to see I wasn't in the room that whole time. "Y/N, you look like a mess..." She said softly.

"I know I do. I feel like a mess, too," I said and walked over, sitting beside Clementine. "I was out there all night, until the others went out shortly after the sun came up.."

AJ came over without a word, holding a cup of coffee, "I made you some coffee," he said to Clementine and handed the cup to her. "It was in the kitchen. Tenn said I could have some. I didn't steal it."

Clementine looked down at AJ before taking the cup from him. She brought it up to her lips and took a sip of the warm liquid. She sighed softly before smiling contently, looking down at AJ. "I'm surprised you remember how to make it. We haven't had coffee in a long time."

"You put it in hot water," AJ said.

"You're right, thanks," Clementine replied.

I sat there, listening to their conversation. I never really drank coffee, unless I randomly felt like it one morning. Clementine raised the cup to her lips again and took another sip, and AJ crossed his arms.

"Last night, with Marlon?" AJ asked, watching Clementine. Clementine lowered the cup and looked at AJ with sadness in her eyes. "I heard Louis, and...and what he called me." AJ looked down.

Clementine glanced away from AJ, and I stayed quiet. Last night was utter chaos. Neither of us said a word to AJ, making the room fill with an uncertain and sad silence that hung in the air.

"Am I a murderer?" AJ asked, looking up at Clementine.

Clementine couldn't look AJ in the eyes, looking away and remembering the same thing I did...

The rain continued to pour as Clementine stood there, Marlon's blood coating her face. I sat on my knees, covering my face with my hands. Louis stood beside Clementine, and he took a moment to process what had happened.

"No!" Louis gasped, looking down at Marlon's corpse.

Omar stepped up beside Clementine, having a similar reaction to Louis, "Oh my god!"

"Shit!" Violet exclaimed and walked forward.

Ruby followed beside her, "We could get medicine. From the nurse's office," she was in disbelief.

Mitch walked up beside Omar. "He's dead! The kid blew his brains out!"

Everyone's eyes fell on AJ. Yes, he was the one holding the gun, but I felt the most responsible. I told Marlon I wouldn't feel bad for this—but that was a lie from the start. I tried warning him, but there was more I could've done and I just stood there before trying to act when it was too late.