Dark Night Ahead

(A/N: Ignore how short this chapter is omg...I didn't realize how I was at the end of episode 3 when I wrote Who Lives, Who Dies...at least you all got a cliffhanger lol)

The moon was full and shone brightly through the dark clouds that filled the sky. A storm was rolling in...I felt the hair on my arms stand tall. We all watched—Lilly staring up at AJ as fear gleamed in her eyes. She was stuck begging on her knees, since she couldn't stand due to how badly Clementine had fucked up her leg with the knife.

"Do it, AJ!" Clementine's voice pierced through the night air.

AJ's darted from Clem and landed on Lilly. He didn't hesitate and pulled the trigger. I watched—my eyes wide as the bullet struck her in the face. All life immediately drained from her eyes...but fear was burned into them. I stared—almost throwing up over the railing of the boat.

"No..." James said softly and took a step forward, staring at Lilly's lifeless body.

Suddenly, more gunshots rang out as AJ fired bullet after bullet into the corpse.

"AJ, stop!" Both James and I exclaimed.

I felt myself gag and I shook my head—swallowing hard. I couldn't throw up now, since this was only the beginning of a long night. James stood beside AJ as he looked down at the boy. AJ's eyes widened, and he looked between James and I. Clem gave me a worried look, and I stood up. My ribs hurt like hell from Lilly's elbow a few moments before...I wasn't sure but she might've broken or fractured a rib. Clem and I then looked at AJ, who looked at us and slowly lowered the gun. Clem was leaning on the railing, pretty banged up. James's eyes fell on her, full of dread. Clem's brow furrowed, and she seemed conflicted about what had happened...her gaze softened a little as she glanced over at Lilly's body for a moment before she looked back at James, giving him a stern look.

"Lilly, we couldn't find the other..." The woman who I stabbed at the school said, her voice trailing off when her eyes fell on Lilly who laid limply on the floor, a pool of blood surrounding her. Her eyes then landed on the rest of us as she raised her rifle. "What did you do? You are fucking dead!"

I went to help Clem, but the boat began to rock violently. Clem realized the same thing I had. The bomb had gone off.

"Shit, the bomb! AJ!" Clem pushed herself off the railing and ran over in an attempt to cover AJ.

"Clem, wait!" I tried stopping her, knowing she just wanted to protect him.

The blast from another explosion packed so much force that it sent Clementine right into a wall and it knocked James and I back. I watched as Clementine fell to the ground and I slammed my head against the metal railing—my vision blurred as I barely saw Clem's unconscious figure lying on the ground, and I tried crawling as close as I possibly could get to her. I at least managed to take her hand in mine and hold it tightly as my eyelids fell shut and all I saw was black and fell unconscious myself due to the impact.