To Be Safe

(A/N: Don't mind how bad this chapter might be during the cave portion...it was almost 2 am when I was writing that. I was also very annoyed by James because I really don't like him in that part)

Slowly, I pushed myself up off the ground. Clem lifted her head up beside me as we both looked over. AJ was lying on his back, and he slowly sat up a bit. A walker emerged from a cloud of thick smoke in front of us—and Clem and I scrambled to our feet. It kept getting closer—until it got knocked over the head with a rock by Louis.

"Louis! You made it!" AJ exclaimed and stood up.

"Yeah, yeah, I did," Louis said out of breath. "I'm still kickin'."

"Louis—how happy am I to see you," I sighed softly—twinging softly in pain. Already I could tell I was having a harder time breathing.

" 'And that's how you school a walker'," Clem quoted Louis with a smile.

"They are right to fear me," Louis grinned.

In the distance we heard the voice of someone shouting on the shore—it was Violet.

"Get the fuck off me!" She shouted, kicking the walker in the head.

"Violet!" Clem exclaimed.

Louis picked up his trusty rock as walkers began to swarm again, and Clem ran to help Violet. I unsheathed my knife and took out a few walkers to help Louis. Clem drew an arrow and fired, shooting the walker that had a hold of Violet in the head. It let go of her instantly and she began to crawl away. Her face was badly damaged.

"Oh my god, Violet..." Clem exclaimed, looking down at Vi.

"Clem? Where are you?" Violet looked around.

Clem quickly bent down to help Vi, and she looked over at Lou and I.

"Louis! Y/N! Get over here, she's hurt!" Clem called.

"Where's Minnie?!" Violet asked.

"What? I don't know..." Clem said, sounding a little confused.

"We headed towards the boiler room to stop the bomb and I just..." Violet began to explain.

"Whoa, slow down! You're..." Clem tried to speak, but Violet cut her off.

"Where is she?!" Violet demanded.

"Louis! Y/N!" Clem called back.

I ran over instantly, and Louis followed. We both stared down at Violet and how bad her face looked.

"Okay, Vi, we've got you, come on," Louis crouched slightly.

Violet began to feel around with one of her hands—she was blind. I felt her hand grasp my arm tightly, since I was the closest to her.

"I'm right here, Vi..." I said softly to her and lifted her up.

"Oh shit. Can you...can you see?" Clem asked her softly.

"I don't...just don't let go of me, okay?" Violet asked, fear lacing her voice.

"Clem! Y/N!" AJ exclaimed, running over before pointing at the woods. A sea of walkers flowed out from the trees, stumbling towards us. A group of surviving raiders tried to fight the swarm.

"Shit, we can't stay here," Louis said.

"That's obvious," I scoffed. "Lou, take Vi. I think I broke a rib and I still have metal sticking out of my leg."

Louis looked down and saw the metal that stuck out from my torn and bloody jeans, before he gently took Violet's hand.

We made our way over to a stack of crates and other materials, finding Aasim and Omar. They were safe, thank god.