𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

In the city's backstreets, a figure moved like a hunter. Damian Cortez was in his world. Each step he took was a silent dare to the world, a sign of his wild spirit.

His target was a man, lost in his thoughts, not knowing what was about to happen. Damian, quick and quiet, got close. With a skill learned from many nights on the streets, he took the man's wallet and disappeared into the night.

But the man was quick too. He started to chase Damian, turning the city into a race track. Damian knew the streets well and moved through them easily.

Suddenly, he saw a police car nearby. Damian's heart beat fast as he made a quick decision, turning into a small alley. But it was a dead-end. Trapped, he turned to face the man, his eyes showing he wouldn't back down. The man got closer, out of breath from the chase. Damian stood his ground, holding the stolen wallet.

The fight that followed was a fight for survival. It was a mix of punches and dodges. Damian, with his raw energy and strong spirit, was not easy to beat. Each punch he threw showed his will to survive, each dodge showed his quickness. This was his world, his rules. And this was just the start. The stage was set for a story of survival, rebellion, and the strong human spirit. 

With a final, decisive move, Damian managed to shake off the man. He made sure not to hurt him too badly - it was never about causing harm, after all. With a last glance at his defeated pursuer, Damian disappeared into the night, the city's shadows swallowing him whole.

He made his way home, a modest apartment tucked away in a forgotten corner of the city. As he stepped through the door, he was greeted by his two roommates, Leo Baxter and Jace Donovan, fellow spirits who shared Damian's adventurous lifestyle.

"Hey, Damian," Leo called out, a grin spreading across his face. "What's the catch of the day?"

Damian tossed the stolen wallet onto the table, the contents spilling out. Leo and Jace whistled appreciatively, their own spoils of the day already displayed on the table.

Jace, older by four years and often playing the part of the big brother, reached out to pat Damian on the side of his head. His hand landed on Damian's ear, right where Damian had just gotten a new cartilage piercing. A sharp pain shot through Damian's ear, but he shrugged it off with a grin.

They spent the rest of the evening in light-hearted banter, each sharing tales of their daring escapades. Despite the unconventional nature of their lives, these moments of camaraderie were what made it all worthwhile for Damian. This was his world, his family. And he wouldn't trade it for anything else.

As the laughter and chatter of the day faded into the quiet hum of the night, Damian found himself alone with his thoughts. He lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, the dim glow of the city lights seeping through the window casting long shadows around the room.

His mind wandered to his parents, their faces becoming harder to recall with each passing day. They were gone, taken from him too soon by a cruel twist of fate. He didn't like to dwell on how it happened - it was a wound that hadn't quite healed, a chapter of his life he kept firmly closed.

But in the silence of the night, their memory came unbidden. He remembered their smiles, their laughter, the warmth of their love. He remembered the life he once had, a stark contrast to the one he was living now.

He thought about life, its unpredictable turns, its bitter-sweet moments. He thought about his journey, the choices he had made, the path he had chosen. He was a product of his circumstances, shaped by his experiences, hardened by his struggles.

As sleep slowly claimed him, Damian found a strange comfort in his thoughts. His past was a part of him, a reminder of where he came from. His present was a testament to his resilience, his will to survive. And his future? Well, that was a story yet to be written. With that thought, Damian drifted off to sleep, ready to face another day in the city that never sleeps. This was his world now.

>───⇌••⇋───<

The morning found Damian out and about, spending the money from his latest heist. He filled his shopping cart with food for the house and new cleaning supplies, taking on the roles of both cook and cleaner in their shared home. He didn't forget to treat himself, picking up a slice of his favorite dessert, tiramisu. His mouth watered at the sight of it.

While shopping, he spotted a familiar face - a man he had pickpocketed in the past. Damian quickly turned away, hoping to avoid recognition. He hurried to the cashier, paid for his items, and was about to leave the store when a hand landed on his shoulder. It was his old victim. The man recognized him, but before he could say anything, Damian landed a punch and bolted.

He ran all the way home, even though he knew the man wouldn't follow him. Once inside, he got to work cleaning the house. Later, in the solitude of his room, he opened his laptop. He and his roommates, Leo and Jace, were going to have to leave their current place soon because the building was scheduled for demolition. Now, with only three months left, Damian needed to find them a new home. The search was on, adding another layer of complexity to their already unconventional lives. This was their reality, and they had to navigate it as best as they could.

As the night fell, Damian, Jace, and Leo each ventured out on their own, ready to ply their trade. Damian found himself wandering aimlessly, the usually bustling neighborhood eerily quiet. Hours ticked by with no luck, his usual sharp instincts failing him.

Then, out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a figure. Damian's heart pounded in his chest as he moved closer, his steps light and calculated. He blended into the shadows, his eyes never leaving his target. He watched as the man paused to check his phone, his attention momentarily diverted. This was Damian's chance.

With a swift, practiced motion, Damian closed the distance. His hand hovered over the pocket of the man's dress pants, his fingers ready to dip in and out unnoticed. But just as he was about to make his move, the man turned.

Their eyes met, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still. Damian's hand was still mid-air, his intentions clear as day. But before Damian could react, the man did something unexpected.

He reached out and grabbed Damian's hand. Then, with a knowing look in his deep green eyes, he said, "I wouldn't do that if I were you," his voice calm and steady. Damian was taken aback. He had been caught, yet there was no anger, no threat in the man's voice.

Without another word, Damian turned and bolted, leaving the man behind, his mind racing.

>───⇌••⇋───<

A/N: I initially wanted "the man" to show up after a few chapters.. but this is how things turned out. 

I'm pretty sure everyone know who it is already, it's so obviously Pierce.🤦

There you have it, chapter 1 is finished!