𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒

Asher reclined comfortably in his chair, watching with amusement as Damian shuffled through the stack of papers on his desk with an exaggerated sigh.

"Seriously, Asher, I feel like I'm doing all the work here," Damian quipped, depositing the papers onto Asher's desk with an exaggerated flourish.

Asher leaned back in his chair with an air of nonchalance. "Oh, come on now, Damian," he replied, his voice laced with amusement. "I'm the brains behind this operation."

Damian glanced up from the papers, a playful glint in his eyes. "You know, I'm single-handedly keeping this company afloat," he quipped, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Is that so? I must have missed the memo about promoting you to CEO," he retorted, a hint of mock incredulity in his voice. Damian shot him a glare.

Asher leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest with a smirk. "And, lucky for me, I've got the best secretary in town to handle it all," he said, his voice laced with playful sarcasm.

Damian rolled his eyes playfully, but there was a spark of amusement in his gaze. "Flattery will get you nowhere, boss," he quipped, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Are you sure you're not just pretending to be busy?" Asher teased,

"Oh, please," Damian retorted, gesturing dramatically to the mountain of paperwork spread out before him. "Do you see this? This is all your fault."

Asher leaned back in his chair with a smirk. "My fault? Last time I checked, you signed up for this."

"I thought being your secretary would involve sipping coffee and taking long lunch breaks, not drowning in paperwork."

"Well, consider it a crash course in office management," Asher quipped, his tone laced with amusement. "Consider yourself lucky to be learning from the best."

Damian shot him a skeptical look, but couldn't suppress a smile. "Oh, trust me, I'll be sure to include that in my resignation letter."

"You wouldn't dare. You'd miss me too much."

"Hardly," Damian shot back, a playful glint in his eyes. "I'll have you know, I'm a highly sought-after secretary. I could have my pick of employers. Plus, I see you enough at home."

"Fair point." Asher leaned forwards, "But where else would you find such a charming and hot boss?"

Damian rolled his eyes, but there was a hint of laughter in his voice. "I suppose I'll just have to settle for second best then."

"Second best? I'll have you know, I'm a catch."

Damian smirked, "If you say so, boss. But let's not forget who's the real brains behind this operation."

Asher raised an eyebrow. "Are you implying that I'm not the brilliant mastermind of this company?"

"Of course not," Damian replied with mock sincerity. "But I do seem to recall who talked you out of that disastrous deal last month."

Asher conceding defeat with a playful grin. "You win this round. But don't get too comfortable, I'll have you know I'm just getting started."

---

As Damian gathered his things, Asher's brow furrowed in concern. "Where are you off to?" he asked, his tone protective.

Damian flashed him a reassuring smile. "Just heading out with Aiden. We're going to play Rocket League."

Asher's expression softened slightly, but there was a hint of unease in his eyes. "And you didn't think to invite me?" he teased, trying to mask his concern.