𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

Weeks later.

In the bright aisles of the mall, Asher and Damian found themselves locked in a debate over wardrobe choices. Damian, always valuing comfort and familiarity, insisted on hoodies for his workplace attire. Starting tomorrow, Damian would be working as Asher's secretary. Another way to let Asher keep an eye out for Damian.

"Dude, I can't wear stuffy shirts all day," Damian argued, holding up a hoodie with enthusiasm. "I need to be comfortable to focus on my work."

Asher sighed, running a hand through his hair as he examined the hoodie skeptically. "But Damian, you need to look professional. Hoodies won't cut it in a corporate setting."

Damian shrugged, undeterred by Asher's disapproval. "I'll still look presentable, and besides, I'll be more productive if I'm comfortable."

Their banter continued as they perused through racks of clothing, each passionately defending their respective positions. Asher insisted on button-down shirts, while Damian remained steadfast in his preference for casual wear.

"I'm just saying, Damian, you don't want to give off the wrong impression to your coworkers," Asher reasoned, gesturing to a display of tailored suits nearby. "First impressions matter."

But Damian remained unconvinced, his resolve unwavering. "I appreciate your concern, Ash, but I know what works best for me. Trust me, I've got this."

With a sigh of resignation, Asher relented, albeit with a playful eye roll. "Fine, have it your way," he conceded, begrudgingly adding several hoodies to their growing pile of purchases.

As they made their way to the checkout counter, Damian couldn't help but grin triumphantly, feeling validated in his choice of attire.

As they approached the checkout counter, Asher glanced at the array of hoodies in their cart, a mixture of amusement and exasperation playing across his features. "Do you really need this many hoodies, Damian?" he teased, raising an eyebrow.

Damian chuckled, his eyes lighting up at the sight of the vibrant array of colors before him. "Hey, a guy can never have too many hoodies, especially when they come in different shades of red," he quipped, a playful grin spreading across his face.

Asher shook his head in mock disbelief, but there was a fondness in his expression as he watched Damian's excitement. "Alright, fine. But you better wear all of them, not just stick to your favorite red ones," he joked.

Damian grinned, already envisioning the countless outfit combinations he could create with his newfound collection. "Deal," he replied, reaching for the nearest hoodie and holding it up with a sense of satisfaction.

As they exited the store, the bustling mall greeted them with a wave of noise and activity. Damian adjusted the straps of the shopping bags slung over his shoulder, his excitement palpable as they made their way to the next destination on their shopping spree.

Entering the clothing store, they were greeted by rows of neatly arranged racks filled with an assortment of pants in various styles and colors. Damian's eyes sparkled with anticipation as he scanned the array of options before him, eager to find the perfect match for his new hoodies.

Asher chuckled at Damian's enthusiasm, a fond smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Looks like we've got our work cut out for us," he remarked, rolling up his sleeves in mock preparation for the task ahead.

Damian nodded eagerly, already darting off to explore the racks. "Let's find some pants that'll make these hoodies pop," he exclaimed, his voice filled with determination.

Damian held up a sky blue hoodie that they just bought, its soft fabric draping over his forearm, and paired it with a pair of black sweatpants. He turned to face Asher, a hopeful expression on his face as he awaited his verdict.