𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

Pierce, wincing in pain and temporarily incapacitated, glared at Damian with a mixture of rage and surprise. His sinister smile vanished, replaced by a scowl as he struggled to regain his composure. The unexpected resistance fueled Pierce's anger.

He smiled.

Pierce's sinister smile returned, more unsettling than before. It was a malevolent expression, a twisted combination of amusement and malice. Damian's kick had only added to the thrill of the chase for Pierce, turning the ordeal into a game that he relished.

As Damian watched Pierce's grin widen, a chill ran down his spine. The unpredictable nature of his captor left Damian uncertain about what would happen next, and the unsettling smile only heightened his anxiety.

Pierce, still wearing that unsettling grin, left the room, leaving Damian alone with his thoughts. The room remained silent, the weight of the situation sinking in for Damian

Damian, using his teeth and every bit of strength he could muster, began to work on the tight knots securing his hands to the bed. It was a slow and painful process, but the determination to escape fueled his efforts. Inch by inch, the knots loosened until, finally, he felt the bindings give way, and his hands were free.

"It shouldn't be that easy," he wondered. He looked around once again to make sure there wasn't any trap set for him.

Damian's senses heightened as he cautiously scanned the room, half-expecting Pierce to return with some sinister plan. However, the room seemed devoid of immediate threats. The silence was eerie, amplifying the pounding of his heart. Still, Damian knew he had to take advantage of the moment and find a way out.

Feeling a surge of frustration, Damian realized that his physical limitations might hinder his escape. At nearly 5'10", reaching the windows from his position seemed like an impossible task. He cursed silently, berating himself for not being more careful in assessing his surroundings earlier. But then, a spark of hope ignited within him as he spotted a nearby chair, positioned against the wall.

With determination, Damian maneuvered himself towards the chair, his heart racing with anticipation. He grasped the chair tightly, feeling its weight under his hands. Placing it beneath the nearest window, he climbed up, his muscles straining with effort. Stretching as far as he could, he reached out towards the window latch, his fingers brushing against it. With a final push, he managed to unlatch the window, a surge of relief washing over him

As Damian pushed the window open, a rush of cool air greeted him, carrying with it the scent of pine trees from outside. He hesitated for a moment, glancing back at the room to ensure there was no sign of Pierce returning. Satisfied that he was alone for the moment, Damian climbed out onto the window ledge, his heart pounding with both fear and adrenaline.

This wasn't one of his normal adventures.

With cautious steps, he made his way along the ledge, keeping close to the wall of the mansion. The drop below was daunting, but he focused on the urgency of escaping Pierce's clutches. As he reached the edge of the ledge, Damian took a deep breath and prepared himself to jump down to the ground below.

Just as he was about to leap, a sudden noise from inside the mansion made him freeze. He listened intently, his senses on high alert, wondering if Pierce had returned or if it was just his imagination playing tricks on him. Determined not to be caught, Damian hesitated for only a moment before gathering his resolve and making the leap to freedom.

Damian landed with a soft thud on the grass below, his knees buckling slightly from the impact. He winced but quickly regained his footing, his adrenaline pushing him forward. Without looking back, he sprinted away from the mansion, his heart pounding in his chest.