𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕

As Asher approached the bakery, a sense of urgency gnawed at his insides, fueled by the fear of what he might find. His heart pounded in his chest as he pushed open the door, the faint jingle of the bell signaling his arrival.

The atmosphere inside the bakery was tense, a palpable undercurrent of unease hanging in the air. Asher's eyes scanned the room, taking in the startled expressions of the patrons and the hushed murmurs that filled the space.

Approaching the cashier, Asher's hands trembled slightly as he pulled out his phone, displaying a picture of Damian. "Have you seen him?" he asked, his voice strained with worry.

The cashier's eyes widened in recognition as he glanced at the photo. "Yes, I have," he replied, his tone somber. "He was here just a little while ago, but... something happened."

Asher's heart lurched in his chest at the cashier's words, a cold knot of dread forming in the pit of his stomach. "What happened?" he demanded, his voice tinged with urgency.

The cashier hesitated for a moment before speaking, his gaze flickering with unease. "There was a commotion," he explained, his voice low. "This guy..." he points at Damian's picture, "He had a gun. He was threatening someone."

Asher's blood ran cold as he listened to the cashier's words, a sense of panic gripping him tightly. "Was he threatening a brown haired man?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

The cashier nodded solemnly. "Yes, he was," he replied. "And then... he managed to get away. He ran out of here, and... I haven't seen him since."

"Did the brown hair man follow?"

The cashier nodded again, "I don't know, he left just a few minutes before you came, but he went the opposite direction from the first guy."

A surge of relief washed over Asher at the cashier's words, mingled with a fierce determination to find Damian and ensure his safety. "Thank you," he said, his voice trembling slightly. "Thank you for telling me."

Turning away from the cashier, Asher's mind raced with a million thoughts and questions, each one driving him forward in his quest to find Damian. With renewed resolve, he pushed open the door of the bakery and stepped out into the bustling city streets, his eyes scanning the crowd as he searched for any sign of his missing friend.

As Asher traversed the busy city streets, his heart pounded with a mixture of fear and determination. Every face he passed, every alley he glanced into, held the potential of being the key to finding Damian. He moved with purpose, his eyes darting from one person to the next, searching for any sign of Damian.

Meanwhile, hidden in the shadows of a nearby alley, Damian sat with his head low. 

His mind was a whirlwind of emotions, a torrent of fear, confusion, and despair threatening to overwhelm him. The events of the past hours replayed in his mind like a nightmare, each moment more terrifying than the last.

With trembling hands, he reached into his pocket, searching for any semblance of a plan.

As his fingers closed around the cold metal of the gun he had taken from Pierce, a surge of adrenaline coursed through his veins. It was a small comfort, a flicker of hope in the darkness that surrounded him.

With a newfound resolve, Damian forced himself to focus, to think rationally despite the panic that threatened to consume him. He needed to find a way to get help, to alert someone to his plight before it was too late.

But as he peered out into the bustling streets beyond the alley, he realized the enormity of the task before him. The city stretched out before him, a maze of streets and buildings, each one a potential hiding place for his captor.