𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

A sudden gunshot shattered the tranquility of the moment, sending shockwaves through the air and jolting both Damian and Asher into a state of heightened alertness. Time seemed to stand still as they exchanged a quick glance, their eyes wide with alarm. Without hesitation, Asher sprang into action, his instincts kicking into overdrive as he moved swiftly to protect Damian. With a fierce determination in his eyes, he positioned himself between Damian and the source of the gunfire, ready to shield him from any potential danger. As they braced themselves for what might come next, the echoes of the gunshot reverberated through the mansion, a stark reminder of the perilous reality they now found themselves in.

As the adrenaline coursed through their veins, Asher and Damian hastily retreated to the nearest room with a lockable door. Once inside, Asher's first priority was to ensure Damian's safety. He turned to him, his eyes filled with concern, and asked if he was alright. Damian nodded, his heart still racing from the shock of the gunshot.

With steady hands, Asher retrieved his phone from his pocket and dialed a number, speaking in urgent tones as he relayed the situation to whoever was on the other end. "Bring everyone," he instructed tersely, his voice carrying a sense of urgency that brooked no argument.

Concerned for Maria's safety, Asher quickly sent her a discreet message instead of calling, mindful that she might be hiding from the danger. He hoped she would receive it and respond soon, providing some reassurance in the midst of the chaos.

Damian's hands trembled uncontrollably, his body betraying the fear coursing through him. Turning to Asher, his voice quivered with anxiety as he whispered, "Is it him?" The mere mention of Pierce sent shivers down his spine, the memories of their past encounters flooding back with chilling clarity. He couldn't bear the thought of facing Pierce again, not after everything they had been through.

Asher's voice was firm, his gaze unwavering as he reassured Damian, "Even if it is him, I won't let anything happen. He can't do anything to you anymore." His words carried a promise of protection, a vow to shield Damian from any harm that may come his way. With Asher by his side, Damian felt a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness, a sense of security that he desperately clung to in the face of uncertainty.

As the footsteps drew nearer, Asher's grip on Damian tightened, his protective instinct kicking into high gear. Standing close to the door, he braced himself for whatever danger lay on the other side. With a silent exchange of understanding, Damian tensed, ready to defend himself if necessary.

The door creaked open, revealing the ominous silhouette of a man, his figure outlined by the dim light filtering through the hallway. Asher's jaw clenched as he caught sight of the gun in the man's hand, his eyes narrowing with determination

With a swift motion, the man burst into the room, his presence imposing as he brandished the gun menacingly. Asher sprang into action, his movements fluid and calculated as he engaged the intruder in combat. Dodging a wild swing from the man's fist, Asher retaliated with a powerful strike of his own, landing a solid blow to the man's torso. Asher swiftly disarmed the man, sending the gun clattering to the floor.

The man staggered back, momentarily stunned by the force of Asher's attack. Regaining his footing, he lunged forward once more, aiming a desperate punch at Asher's shoulder. Despite the impact, Asher stood his ground, his resolve unwavering as he fought back with renewed determination.

With a series of expertly executed maneuvers, he delivered a barrage of punches and kicks, each blow fueled by adrenaline and the desire to protect Damian.

As the fight reached its climax, the man's resistance faltered, his strength no match for Asher's skill and determination. With a final, decisive strike, Asher incapacitated the intruder, leaving him sprawled on the ground in defeat.