𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐

In the sterile confines of the surgery room, Damian sat with bated breath, his heart pounding with each passing second. The rhythmic beeping of the machines and the distant murmur of the medical team were drowned out by the deafening silence that enveloped him.

Minutes stretched into hours, each moment fraught with anticipation and fear. Damian's mind raced with a million thoughts, his pulse echoing in his ears as he waited for any sign of progress.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Dr. Abraham, his expression grave yet determined. He removes his earplugs.

"It's over," Dr. Abraham announced, his voice cutting through the tension like a knife. "The surgery was successful, but he'll need time to recover."

Relief flooded through Damian like a wave, the weight of worry lifting from his shoulders. With trembling hands, he turned to face Asher, his heart swelling with gratitude for the chance to see him alive and safe.

As they wheeled Asher to a recovery room, Damian remained by his side, his hand never leaving Asher's, a silent promise of unwavering support and love.

Damian noticed Asher's men outside the operation room, who now also started following them. 

As the elevator doors slid open with a soft hiss, Damian stepped out into the opulent surroundings of the top floor. The corridor stretched before him, adorned with elegant furnishings and bathed in soft, ambient lighting.

Taking in the sight, Damian's eyes widened in awe at the luxuriousness of it all. This was a world reserved for the elite and the privileged. It was a stark contrast to the chaotic events of the day, a tranquil oasis amidst the storm.

Following Asher's men, Damian made his way down the corridor, his senses heightened by the air of exclusivity that surrounded him. They stopped outside a large door, emblazoned with a golden plaque that read "Private Room."

With a nod from one of doctors, Damian entered the room, his breath catching at the sight before him. The space was expansive, filled with comfortable furnishings and bathed in warm, welcoming light. It was a sanctuary, a haven where Asher could rest and recuperate in peace.

As Asher was settled into the plush bed, Damian took a seat beside him, his gaze lingering on his unconscious form. The weight of the day's events hung heavy in the air, but amidst it all, there was a sense of hope, a glimmer of possibility for a brighter tomorrow.

With the nurses stationed outside the room and Asher's men standing guard, Damian knew that Asher would be safe here.

As Damian sat beside Asher's bedside, he glanced at the group of Asher's men stationed outside the luxurious room. They stood tall and vigilant, their expressions serious and unwavering. Damian knew they had been through a lot, and they deserved a moment of respite.

Damian rose from his seat and approached the men. "Hey," he began, his voice soft but resolute. "You guys have been working hard all day. Why don't you come inside and take a break for a bit? Rest up, relax, and recharge."

The men exchanged surprised glances, clearly taken aback by Damian's offer. But after a moment's hesitation, they nodded in agreement, their expressions softening with gratitude. As they entered the room, Damian gestured to the plush chairs and comfortable amenities, inviting them to make themselves at home.

With a sense of relief, the men settled into their seats, their shoulders relaxing as they finally allowed themselves to unwind. Damian watched them for a moment, a small smile playing on his lips. It was a rare moment of tranquility amidst the chaos, a chance for them to catch their breath and find solace in each other's company.