5- Tragedy Arc

When I woke up, I saw 300 messages on my phone from Gojo, Yuji, Megumi, and Nobara. 

I put my phone away, got up, and prepared for the day. 

I went out of my room and FaceTimed Gojo. 

After a few seconds, he answered, sitting in a chair with the three others around him. 

Yuji, with excited eyes, exclaimed, "Sensei!" 

I smiled into the camera and said, "How are you all?"

 They all smiled.

 However, Gojo brought the camera close to his face and said, "Why didn't you respond last night?" 

I looked away, whistled, and pretended not to know what he was talking about. 

He made a annoyed grimace, "Well, someone's being cheeky. But you'll be back soon." 

I stuck my tongue out, saying, "Bring it on." 

Megumi coughed deliberately, and Gojo and I burst out laughing. 

My grandpa came down the hallway, greeted me, and I told them, "I'll call you later."

 Gojo looked puzzled, but before he could ask, I hung up.

 I told him seriously, "It was a mistake to think that you would ever consider others, so don't bother me and just assign me the mission." 

He looked at me grimly and walked away. 

The rest of the day passed as I completed missions and occasionally contacted Gojo.

-Timeskip-

The next two months also passed in a similar manner.

 On a mission to exorcise a first-grade cursed spirit, it repeatedly chanted, "kill, kill, kill, kill."

 I yawned, snapped my fingers, and turned it into an ice block.

 A breaking news message from a building's news screen caught my attention: "Urgent Shibuya attacked, group of people held captive chanting 'Gojo! Come here.'"

 My eyes widened, and my heart raced. 

Forgetting the cursed spirit in front of me, I teleported directly to the Osaka Academy. 

I ran to my grandpa, who looked unfazed, and said, breathless, "You must teleport me to Shibuya immediately." 

He looked at me seriously and said, "N-O."

 I became so furious that I forgot myself, leaned over the desk, grabbed his turtleneck, and pulled him towards me. 

Activating my eyes, I said angrily and quietly, "The only reason I haven't done anything to you so far is because you're my grandpa. So either teleport me there now, or I'll personally take care of you and the rest of my clan." 

His eyes widened, and I saw a flicker of fear. 

He said quietly, "Alright, fine, I'll do it."

 I let go of him and took a step back.

 He stood up, bit his finger, drew a circle with his blood, muttered something, offered me his hand, and I took it. 

In an instant, I was in Shibuya, in the subway station surrounded by monsters and people. 

Shocked, I froze one of the monsters with a kick when it attempted to attack a person.

 Gojo's voice from behind exclaimed in shock, "YN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"