Our Eyes Satoru

I lay on the cold, hard ground, opening my eyes to find everything around me bathed in white. 

"Is this the end?" I murmured to myself, sitting up slowly. 

As I looked around, I noticed a door in front of me. Rising to my feet, I approached it, seeing my lost body parts from the battle with Sukuna, now miraculously restored. Even my eyesight had returned, and  I wore the familiar school uniform from my days at the Jujutsu Academy - the black blazer and short skirt. Memories flooded back, and I couldn't help but smile.

Turning my attention to the door, with a determined step, I reached for the door handle and pushed it open. Sunlight flooded in, momentarily blinding me as I shielded my eyes. Then, I heard laughter and familiar voices, causing me to hurry through the door.

The laughter stopped abruptly as they saw me. Before me stood Geto, Gojo, Haibara, Nanami, Yaga, Riko and even Toji, though he kept his distance. They all wore their youthful appearances. 

Gojo, shocked, stood up and whispered, "Yn... what are you doing here?"

I chuckled, replying, "I'm dead."

 Gojo's eyes widened further as he rushed over to me, enveloping me in a tight embrace. I returned the hug, sensing a different aura around him, one that I wanted to question. However, a sad smile from Geto and he shaked his head as a sign not to ask him about that and the knowing looks from the others told me to refrain from doing so.

I wrapped my arms around Gojo once more, tears streaming down my cheeks.

 "I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise to you," he said softly, unaware of the true reason for my tears.

 I buried myself deeper into his embrace, reveling in his comforting scent, the protective hold of his arms, and the profound words he always spoke to me. More tears flowed as he smiled warmly, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

Geto chimed in from behind, "Enough of this cheesy stuff; you're stealing my best friend here." 

I released myself from Gojo's embrace and turned to Geto with a warm smile, placing a hand on my hip, "I did miss you, though. Our old Geto." 

He chuckled in response. 

Haibara, joining in from the other side, teased, "Hey, what about us?" 

I laughed gently, replying, "I missed all of you."

Nanami flipped through the newspaper, a smile playing on his lips. However, my smile faltered as I realized our shared fate.

 Turning to Nanami, I spoke sadly, "I'm sorry I wasn't there in time to save you."

 I then addressed Yaga, "I'm truly sorry about what happened to you."

 Yaga waved his hand dismissively, his smile unwavering, "You're not to blame for any of that."

Nanami glanced up from the newspaper, reassuring, "You did more than enough; none of us hold anything against you." 

I bit my lip, averting my gaze to the ground to hide the tears threatening to spill. Gojo placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, and I looked up at him, receiving a warm smile as solace. 

He then turned to Geto, sticking out his tongue mockingly like in his youth, "If this idiot hadn't switched sides, I wouldn't have been trapped!" 

Geto scratched his head sheepishly, retorting, "Well, I had my reasons." 

I raised an eyebrow, teasingly remarking, "Ah Yeah your monkey reasons." 

We all burst into laughter, but the moment soon quieted again.