Chapter Four Vampire 101

Abbot slapping my face woke me up. 'I'm hungry and I want you to stay awake' he said smiling at me, I shook my head, 'please,' I pleaded, 'you can't take any more of my blood. You are going to kill me.'

'Killing you is not my intention, am going to keep you here until you die of old age and I'll feed from you whenever I want and don't speak to me unless I as ask you a question or I'll give you to my sister, she wont be as nice'

I could see he was holding a bottle of water, 'Want it?' he asked me as he held it in front of me, I just turned my head away and stared at the wall but I did want it I was thirsty. 'Tell me what they taught you about vampires and I'll let you have it,' I shook my head and he laughed at me, 'you know I can read your dreams,' before I could even answer he was feeding from my neck and again I passed out.

....................................................................................................

Chester took me into the library for a 'lesson'. I hated them they were always boring, I'd never been to a proper school but imagined this is what it was like but without friends. I mean Chester was my friend, I spent most of my time with him especially since the Jeremiah episode but he was also told he had to be with me so it was not the same. I noticed he had a bandage on his shoulder, I could see it through his t shirt.

'What happened to your shoulder' I asked him.

'Nothing, sit down and listen, there is paper there if you want to make notes' he told me.

'But I can see a bandage, so you did do something'

'I had an accident with a letter opener' and he began to read.

Thirty Seven and a half minutes is the exact time it takes a vampire to drain the average human of the blood in their body, if they want to that is. It’s not like the movies when the attack is over in seconds and the vampire emerges with blood covering their face and running down their front, in fact it’s quite the opposite.

'I've never seen a vampire movie, so how would I know' I interrupted him.

'You've never seen one for a reason' he told me.

'What reason?' I asked.

Chester ignored me and continued to read out load from the book.

Don’t forget this is a vampires main meal, they want to savour every drop, enjoy every morsel and they will most likely take their time to lengthen their enjoyment. The severity of the attack depends on the needs of the vampire i.e. if they feed regularly the attack will last minutes probably around ten; however if it’s been weeks since their last feed they will mostly likely drain you dry. The latter only happens on rare occasions as they don’t want to draw media attention, they like to stay as folklores, hiding in the shadows, enjoying easy access to free meals. They do like you to feel fear though as this makes your adrenaline rush which pumps your blood quicker making it easier to drink. The average vampire will attack several victims in one evening in order to quench the thirst every few days.

I yawned, I quickly tried to hide it as Chester looked up from the book and glared at me. 'Are you making notes' he said pointing to the paper on the desk I was sat at.

'I don't have a pen'

He stormed over to me and slammed a pen down on the table. He walked back and continued.

It’s not unlikely that you have been attacked by vampire, they tend to go for the young especially those that like to go out till all hours in the morning as a little memory loss is easier explained. Think about it, have you ever woken up with fuzzy details of say may be an hour of your evening out and had unexplained bruises on your body. It’s the bruising on the skin that actually gives the attack away, bite marks can easily be healed but the bruising cannot. Try sucking at the skin on your arm for ten minutes and see what happens. This is exactly the mark a vampire will leave after feeding from you as they suck the blood out from you rather like a baby feeding from a bottle and you always wake up thirsty.