Near The End

Henry, well I assumed it was him, was banging his fist on Jeremiahs door in a slow but continuous thud and my heart began to beat in time to the rhythm he was making.

Isaac ran to the door and peered through the peephole, “He’s not with them Marios never came. It’s only Henry, Olyver, Asin and the twins.”

“Figures, probably sat in his study googling himself” Jeremiah laughed and I wondered how he could be so calm and laugh about the situation.

The thuds became louder and quicker causing my heart to beat faster.

“I’m laughing because he is too scared to come, after all this time he still is actually sacred of the prophecy coming true”. Jeremiah said to me.

“Fletcher” Henry roared through the letter box, “open the door you stupid little blood sucker.”

“Did he just call me little?” Jeremiah asked Chester who quickly nodded in response.

“I hope you have a plan Jezzer,” Isaac said.

“Actually no I don’t,” he answered and Chester began to scratch his head as the banging became hammering. “But if he dents that door, I am going to un-dent it using his head,” this comment made Isaac laugh.

The next thing Jeremiah said immediately stopped Isaac laughing, “Hide them two somewhere and I’ll let the fairies in.”

Isaac grabbed him, “let them in? Are you crazy?”

“No, I like that door. I had to have it shipped here remember?”

“Where am I going to put them?” Isaac snapped as he pointed at us. 

The next thing I knew I was laying on the floor next to Chester and Isaac was laying on top of us just as the twins walked past the window to the back door of the kitchen. Jeremiah moved quicker than a flash and locked the kitchen door and closed the curtains.

“In the kitchen quickly” Jeremiah said and he grabbed both Chester and I by our wrists and dragged us, while we were still on the floor, through the kitchen into the pantry, I’ve never been moved so fast in my life. Jeremiah opened a trap door and told us to quickly get inside, he almost pushed me through it and as Chester landed on the floor beside me we were descended into darkness as he closed us inside. We could not see anything but as the house was old we could hear everything.

Neither of us smoked, it was one of Chester’s pet hates so we did not even have a way of casting any light. It was completely pitch black and there were no windows or doors. Chester started to move us sideways Jeremiah had told us to go to the far end of the cellar and try and hide. However it was difficult as we did not know which far end was the correct one so once we’d reached the wall we just followed it until we came to a corner and we sat down, hugging each other and listening.

I heard the twins shouting and then I could hear Emie and Ellie shouting back then all four of their voices started to fade into the distance, it sounded as if the sisters had chased the twins away.

I then heard Jeremiah walk to the front door, I knew it was him because on every other third step he almost skipped I don’t think he even realised he did it. The front door creaked as it opened and I could hear a scuffle and shouting which was followed by threats and then Henry screamed out as if he was in pain and I think he dropped to the floor as we heard a huge thud.

“Ew,” Jeremiah shouted, “your blood actually tastes like shit but mark my words I am hungry and if one of you tries to touch me again I will drain you all dry and that Henry was also for calling me little.”

“Jeremiah’s crazy, he’s just bitten Henry”, I said to Chester but he held his hand over my mouth to quieten me and he kept it there.

I could then hear Asin; he was one of the only brothers that could actually calm a situation. The others would just cause friction or stand there and laugh or do nothing at all.