Jeremiah

I knew I was in sort of some cell, all I could hear was water dripping, I was sat in total darkness and I could not even cry anymore as I did not have the strength. I could barely move I was chained so close to the wall. I thought about my life and how it had changed so much.

I never knew my parents, they were murdered for trying to protect me. I was brought up, looked after and educated in Taunton, England. I had a 'normal' childhood until I was around ten and then I was kidnapped by them. They claimed that I was theirs from the start because I bore the mark. I will never forget the day he ripped me from my world, I screamed but no-one came to help me. My life had changed for ever and there was nothing I could do about it. I had to do what they commanded, I had no choice. I was being prepared for my future or guided, as 'they' called it and 'they' called themselves 'The Order'.

They were in place, ironically, to keep order, to maintain the balance between our world and the supernatural. To ensure that no one over stepped the mark or caused chaos but throughout the ages their real purpose for existing had been forgotten, lines had been over stepped and rules had become blurred. Now their main focus was creating more of us, more 'Chosen ones' and I knew that the only escape was death, they would never let us go.

However I had been taken from them, kidnapped for the second time in my life, again held prisoner but this time it was worse, a vampire had taken me and he had taken me becuase I was a 'chosen' one.

The door opened allowing light to flood the room and the vampire, Abbot, walked in. He was drinking brandy, I could smell it and he snarled at me as we made eye contact, 'tell me how you met him,' he growled and I knew he meant Jeremiah. I was frightened because the more he knew the closer he would get to them. He launched himself on top of me, sank his fangs into my neck and began to feed from me. Eventually I passed out and began to dream.

The first time I saw him I was fifteen and he was standing by the river. He was very still, so still he almost looked like a statue and seemed deep in thought. He was beautiful, so breathtakingly beautiful and I could do nothing but watch him, admire him. I was rooted to the spot and I was transfixed. I immediately knew what he was but I had to look at him. After some time he sensed he was being watched and he started to shift, slowly he turned to his head to face me, his bright blue eyes twinkled as he looked in my direction.

Then very swiftly he moved and began walking towards me with long smooth strides. When he was almost halfway I heard a sharp intake of breath and he stopped still. He looked straight at me, right into my eyes. For what seemed like an eternity he held my gaze as if trying to read my thoughts, my mind and then, he smiled, winked at me and was gone. I was breathing heavily because he had sensed me, he knew, he knew what I was and what I could do. I could see them, I could seek them out. I was a Seer. To explain:

Seer 

1. a person who can supposedly see into the future; prophet 

2. a person who professes supernatural powers 

3. a person who sees

No. 3 describes me. I can see them, I can feel them and I attract them.

______________________________________________________________________

I jumped at the shrill of my mobile phone and it brought me sharply back to reality.