Good Bye J (Back to Teia)

I awoke wrapped in Chester’s arms, since his attack he’d wanted to do nothing but eat, drink and sleep and I never left his side. I was worried about him as he’d become very withdrawn. He was quiet, he hardly ever laughed, he would not speak to anyone and he did not want to leave our room. It was frustrating and he would not even tell me what was wrong or what he was thinking.

A few times I’d caught him packing a bag and when I asked what he was doing he claimed he was sorting out old clothes and I knew he was lying, I began to panic he was going to leave me as his behaviour towards me had changed.

He would tense whenever I went to touch him and we had not made love in weeks. I turned to look at him; he now only looked at peace when he was sleeping. Rick told me that Chester would not speak to anyone the entire time I was missing as he blamed himself for my kidnap and his behaviour was erratic had become even worse since he had been attacked himself.

I’d even heard whispers that people believed he was on the verge on a mental breakdown but only Asin ever came to speak to Chester to see what was wrong and when Marios found out he sent him back to India and told him not to interfere.

Marios appeared to be enjoying watching Chester struggle; he’d never even spoken to either of us since the day he’d had me locked in the cells. I hardly ever saw the twins as they were always out partying and then spent the entire day sleeping.

Waryn was always playing computer games; Nicholyn never talked to me, in fact his hair was so long you could not even see his face so having a conversation would have been difficult anyway. Gryffen was always out, I assumed with Emie. I’d asked him several times to give a message to Jeremiah but he refused saying he was not getting involved.

As for Henry and Olyver I ran or hid whenever I saw them so I had no idea what they did with their day. The Chosen ones had now been sent back and this made the Manor feel cold and empty and I actually missed them especially Ben.

Rick, Masie, Eric and Simone were also always away as they now had to take care of everything Chester used to do. Marios had officially ‘grounded’ us both within the manor after Chester almost died and let Jeremiah attack Ntombi which Marios actually beat Chester for. I had never known things to be so bad within the manor and with Chester in his current condition I had absolutely no-one to talk to.

It took me weeks to recover from the withdrawal; Chester would only let me drink the blood Jeremiah had left if I began to shake. If I cried or complained he would threaten to destroy it completely. Chester refused to drink it even though he suffered for a while too. The withdrawal was difficult, sometimes I could hear Abbott calling me and I knew Chester could tell because he would always get up and lock our bedroom door. He only asked me once what had happened and then we never spoke about it again.

He began snoring softly and I reached forward and stroked the stubble on his chin with my thumb, I absolutely adored him, I absolutely loved this man, no one in my life had ever cared about me as much as he did or given me such comfort and I was angry I could not console him and why he would not confide in me. As I continued to stroke his chin, he began to stir and he opened his eyes.

He smiled at me “Morning T”, he said and he leaned towards me and kissed me. I decided to grab the opportunity and I began to deepen the kiss but to my dismay he pulled away. “I’m going for a shower”, he said and he got up, grabbed a towel, went into the bathroom and closed the door.