Meeting Michael

An hour later there was a knock at my door, it was Asin 'Ready?' he said. I wasn’t and tried to close the door but he grabbed me and walked me towards Marios' study.

When we reached the door he marched me inside, past Olyver who was outside the door, and I quickly looked around to try and find an escape route as Chester had taught me. The difference was that he was not here and I could not see one. At the other exit was Henry who was laughing as I walked in, Asin was behind me and the twins where at either side of the door we had just walked through and Marios was sitting in his chair with his back to me talking to a guy I’d never seen before.

The guy looked up right at me and smiled with a smile that was familiar and I knew instantly that this was Chester’s brother but he gave me chills and I did not like how he was looking at me. He looked like a younger, slightly different, version of Chester; the same muscular physique, the sharp high cheekbones and the same inviting mouth but when I looked into his eyes I did not see love and warmth but coldness and lust. His eyes were not alive like Chester’s were, even though they were the same beautiful blue colour, there was darkness inside them and my instinct immediately told me not to trust him.

He looked me up and down and shook his head in a weird approval, “is this her then Marios?”

Marios immediately spun around in chair and glared at me, I tried to look away but his intense pull kept making me look back and his eyes bored into mine. He clasped his hands together and leant back into his leather chair. He looked like he’d enjoyed himself in Australia, he was sun tanned and his hair was now a lighter shade of brown. The witch he used for his pleasure when he felt like it was standing at his side now stroking his hair. I had no idea how she showed him such affection when he used her the way that he did.

Chester told me never to trust her and he would always stop speaking when she came into the room. I knew she spied on us for him, she always to eager to please him.

“Welcome home Andrasteia AGAIN!” As he roared the last word I jumped but this time I was not happy to be back not happy at all. Marios was doing his favourite party trick glaring at me, trying to make me feel uncomfortable and it was working. He held up his hand and gestured Chester’s brother forward, “Michael”, he said, “go and take a look at your very own concubine.”

Tears welled in my eyes as he began to walk over to me, looking me up and down; he was making me feel like a piece of meat. He stopped right in front of me and bent down into my face resting his hands on his knees and cocked his head from side to side as he looked at me, over my entire body. I flinched as he touched the ends of my hair and curled it around his fingers; I did not want him near me or touching me so I smacked his hand away.

He stood up and folded his arms, “It’s not going to be a problem for me; I’ll start right now if you wish it. If she resists I’ll force her, teach her the real lessons that my brother should have done.” Marios laughed out loud and said finally. Everyone was staring at me apart from Geffron who had his eyes glued to the floor.

“You disgust me.” I roared at Michael and I went to slap him but he caught my hand, “I am going to enjoy breaking you. I can’t see what his problem was; you’re quite a looker. We’re going to have so much fun.” He laughed at me and he turned and walked until he was stood again behind Marios. It’s funny; the only thing that came into my head was he would be a great candidate for Nature Vs Nurture debate. How could he be so different from Chester, Chester who had been under Marios’ care since he was seven and Michael who had lived all his life with his parents at home?