Popular

God, after a week of shooting, I don't know how Dad went home to be with me and not be in a bad mood. I had shot scenes everyday, and we were nearing the halfway mark. I get about 6 hours of sleep every night. Now, going to sleep at midnight was technically my fault, but most of the time, I was falling behind on school, which is what led to my sleep deprivation. Thankfully, it was Saturday, and I could sleep. I finished all my assignments and then flopped on my bed around 11 last night, so I got a decent 12 hours of sleep. I woke up to a bunch of missed calls and messages from my dad, Lele, Mo, and Bella. I got up to deal with them. I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and made myself presentable for the first call of the day.

"Papi!"

"Mi amor, it's been too long since we talked," my dad said, smiling into his camera. "How was your week? Bella told me you had scenes everyday this week."

"I don't know how you did it," I admit, sitting in front of my mirror and fixing my hair. "I might explode if i have to shoot that many scenes on Monday."

"I understand," he said, munching on some crackers. "We're over here shooting one of the scenes for the first episode."

"Still? You got there two weeks ago, shouldn't you be done with the first episode already?" I ask, confused. I thought TV series were faster...

"Well, TV series are similar to movies," he started explaining before Lele's attempt to call me came through. I declined it and went back to listening to my dad. "We shoot scenes out of order depending on how hard it is. This scene is pretty difficult, so we're getting it over with." I could hear a set bell ringing, and I knew our little chat would have to wait until later. "Ok mija. I have to go. Te amo."

"Love you too dad. Say hi to whoever you're shooting with," I said, reminding him he had yet to tell me more. He chuckled, waved, and hung up. I decided to call Lele back, scrolling through texts from Bella at the same time. Something about a whole cast outing to a theme park. I sighed, knowing it would mean more socializing. Lele picked up and rolled her eyes.

"I thought you didn't sleep in?" she remarked. I looked at the time. 11:14 AM. Much later than usual.

"Leave me alone. I've been sleeping late every day this past week," I tell her, pulling my hair into a high bun. "What's up?"

"You never sent me pictures. I want pictures," she said, frowning.

"Woman. I can't put any pictures off of my phone with the cast. Yes that includes you, and that does include my dad," I remind her for the fifth time. I love her, but she's too much sometimes.

"Whatever. Your house is empty," she tells me. "I think the only person going in and out is Emma." Emma was the lady who made sure our house was clean when my dad was gone and I was at school. She helped me with my homework whenever she could. She was like my second mom, after Lele's.

"Yeah, my dad told her she could stay there," I explained, reading a message from Mo saying that we were leaving at noon. "Listen, apparently the entire cast is going to this theme park. I gotta get ready. I'll update you later with solo pictures," I tell her. She nodded slowly and waved, hanging up. I decided to go with something simple. It was going to be a warm day, so I picked a shirt with flowers on it, and a pair of sweatpants.