get him back!

"Girl, it's not even funny anymore," I start, closing and locking the door behind me. "I genuinely feel like tweaking out." Lele chuckles silently, and I hear shuffling. It seems she's turned around in her bed.

"Okay, so what are you going to do now?" she asked. "The plan is mostly a you thing."

"About the plan," I say, smiling a bit. "So Brady actually hit me up first," I say, and she smiles. "The plan is in motion."

"Good. You should get some sleep. Sleep deprived girls aren't pretty," she says, and I roll my eyes.

"Interesting choice of words from someone who wakes up at 2 pm when she wants. Night, Lele."

"Night, Jade."

I shut my phone off, taking the time to take off my shoes again and flopping on my bed. I roll over and I knock out in thirty seconds.

~~

When I woke up, it was already late. 1 pm, which meant I had slept around thirteen hours.

I remember that today is Sunday, which means today was a cast dinner. I had a lot of time to kill, so I decided to get on the game. Bright and early. "This is a bad idea", I thought as I texted Brady.

~~

Jade

hey, idk if ur up yet
but i am and im getting on the game
send me an invite if you get on

Read 1:24

~~

I loaded into a quick match to warm up when the invite came through. I finished the round and joined, waiting for him to finish his game and get back into party chat. "Hey," he said, and I noticed he sounded peppy. "I had literally just gotten home from brunch when you texted me," he said, and I chuckled. I texted Lele that Brady and I were talking, and she sent me a smirk and a thumbs up emoji. "What's on schedule for the movie?" he asks while we're waiting for a round to load.

"I have a few scenes these next couple of days," I say, picking Kali. "The other main characters are finishing their scenes."

"What are you doing tonight? Can we play again with the other guys?" he asks, and I mumble a "nuh-uh".

"Cast dinner. I have no idea when I'll be done," I said, moving my drone around to find the objective. "I have to be free around 5 since it's a fancy formal dinner at 6 and I need makeup."

"Well, hope you have fun," he said, and we loaded it onto the map. He followed me, and we made our way into the building. This repeated over the span of 3 hours. He made a lot of jokes, and even offered to sacrifice himself for the plant of the defuser. After we finished, I sighed. I looked at the time. 5:17. I could skip dinner. Maybe I should.

"One more?" I asked, willing to stay if he wanted to.

"Nah, I'm beat. Plus, you have your cast dinner thing," he said, leaving the squad but staying in the party.

"Yeah, you're right," I said, playing it off. "I didn't even notice the time. Amybeth's probably waiting for me."

"Have fun! Say hi to Walker for me," he said. I said goodbye back, leaving the party. I picked a little simple dress out, one of my favorites in my wardrobe. It was a red off the shoulder, and it was a bit on the shorter side. No one would mind, right?

 No one would mind, right?

I looked at the time. 5:26. I grabbed my heels in my hand and ran out in my Crocs to the makeup trailer, where Amybeth was waiting for me smiling. "Good evening darling!" she said, patting the chair. "Casual makeup right?"

"Yes please! Sorry for making you work," I said, knowing today was one of her days off. I sat down in the chair, and Amybeth wrapped an apron around me. She put moisturizer, primer, then the light foundation she always used. I heard the makeup brush dip into the eyeshadow, then brush against my eyes. The eyeliner and mascara tickled, but were applied.When I opened my eyes, I was glammed up. "This is perfect Amybeth. Thank you," I said, admiring myself in the mirror. She smiled, hugged me, then took off the apron.

"Go," she said, jokingly waving me off. "I have to get ready myself."

"I thought it was a cast dinner?" I asked. Not that I didn't want her there, but that's what I was told.

"It is! I actually have a date," she said, a small rose color spreading across her cheeks. "But I'll tell you when you come back." I rolled my eyes playfully, walking to the door as I switched my shoes. She hugged me goodbye, and I carefully walked over the gravel to the conference hall in heels. When I opened the door, I saw that almost all of the remaining cast was there. The only person that wasn't there with the other cast members was Chandler. I shrugged it off as I sat next to Miss Lana and Bella. The table had two more seats, but they were empty. Chandler and Amybeth?

"Hey sweetie," Miss Lana said, dressed in a floor length blue dress. She looked stunning. Bella was wearing a tuxedo.

"Hey sweetie," Bella repeated, mocking her jokingly while wrapping me in a hug. "What were you doing? Everyone's here already," they asked, setting the napkin in their collar.

"I was getting my makeup done," I said, not necessarily lying, but hiding the true reason of why. "And hi, Miss Lana. You look amazing." She beamed at the compliment and thanked me. I turned to Bella again.

"Sure. I can see how that took a long time. Were you with Chandler?" Bella joked, but I could feel Miss Lana's side-eye. I shot Bel a nasty look, telling them to behave. "Sorry. But still, you weren't late because of your makeup and you know it."

"Whatever, it's none of your concern," I said, and as I did, the food came out. We had cooks cooking for us and them, so in total there were about 45 people, with camera crew, producers, cooks, and makeup artists... Well, everyone had their own so maybe more.

"So tell me," Bel started. "What is up with lovebirds over there?" I looked up to see Mo and Walker laughing it up. I blink rapidly though, as I see Walker's laugh face turn to a forced laugh. Whatever. Probably looking into it too much. Lele was right, I really should focus on other boys. I traced the outline of my phone in the dress pocket, debating if I should text Brady. "Hello, Earth to Jade? I asked you a question."

"Oh, sorry," I started,snapping back into focus. "I don't know much. It just... happened,"I stated, getting my plate in front of me. "Thank you," I said to the waiter and he flashed a toothy smile. Love those.

"Oh," Bella just said, and silence filled our table, except for the sound of the plate being placed down. "Thank you," Bella said to the waiter, and his toothy smile returned. I ate in silence, listening to Bella and Miss Lana exchange stories about their times on set. Miss Lana was currently on a break from Once Upon a Time, so she was mentioning something about how auditions were coming up for a new female lead. Bella was waiting for HBO's approval so they could shoot The Last Of Us Season 2. They talked for so long I didn't realize I was done with my food before most. I looked up and around, taking in the decorations. They were kinda Halloween themed, but I guess that was for something else, because no one in the hall had dressed for Halloween. After deducing what I would or would not have done with decorations, I looked back straight across the room from me, and saw Mo leading Walker out. They were giggling about something, and that was it. The final straw. I excused myself, left in the opposite direction, and called Brady. 

"Hey!" I started after I heard him pick up. "Are you in Vancouver right now?"