I Fell In Love In October

A/N ~ So fun fact. The reason why J has two different names for her dad in her contact is definitely not because I forgot I named him Pedro Pan. It's because Pedro has a different number for personal calls and texts. He has a phone line that's strictly family.

A/N 2 ~ AGH PEDRO AND HIS SAG AWARD

~~~

The dinner went fine. A lot of chatter was about the teaser and setting a release date for it. But the cast enjoyed plates upon plates of rice and beans and meat and all that. Delicious to say the least.

I handed out the rings to everyone except my stylists and Walker, who had left with a plate in his hand. I made my way to his trailer, paper ring in hand. I heard some yelling from inside. Weird. This wasn't like him. I finally walked up the little steps and knocked on the door. A silence, then shuffling. The door unlocked and Walker's face popped out. He had a gaming headset around his neck. "Oh, sorry. Bad time?" I ask, knowing he liked to play with his friends and sometimes even go on stream.

"Not at all," he said, smiling and walking out, closing the door behind him. "What's going on?"

"I wanted to give you this," I said, pulling out the ring. He chuckled. "I know it's nothing, but me and Mo made them for everyone." He smiled and grabbed it, looking it over. But instead of putting it on his finger, he got on one knee. "Walker, what the hell are you-"

"Sh. Let it happen." He extended the ring and put on a cheesy smile, clearly holding back a laugh. He cleared his throat as he began. "I promise to be your friend throughout the years. I will never let you get bullied and I promise to always give you my jacket when you're cold." I felt my cheeks burn red as I looked around to ensure no one said this stupid, cheesy moment. "And I'll get you free food."

"Okay, that settles it. Walker Scobell, best guy best friend. Now please, get up," I say through my laughs. "You're making me uncomfortable since you're kneeling on gravel." He just shrugs as he gets up and slips the ring on my finger. "But this was for you," I say, but he just waved me off.

"It's okay. I forgot what your laugh sounded like. I just needed to hear it." I smile, and he peeks inside. "I'm in a round, but I can talk if you wanna? I'll just tell Brady I have to hop off stream," he offered.

"No, not at all. You worry about yourself. I don't want anything else to start up again," I say, referring to another wave of attacks. He nods in agreement.

"Want me to walk you to your trailer?" he offers, this time setting his headset off to the side.

"No, seriously Walker. I can get home. Thanks though. Oh, Ryan Reynolds told my dad to tell me to tell you he said hi."

"Huh?" He paused, eyes widening when he realize. "Oh my God, is your dad working with R-"

"Shut up!" I say, cutting him off, but nodding. "Okay, I need to head out now. Enjoy your game!" I start to walk away, waving.

"Hop on the stream," he says. "I'll be looking out for someone saying "Remember when you gave me a paper ring" in the chat." I turn to face him and smile. "Bye!" He waved and closed the door, and I made my way to my trailer. As I walked in and set the three other rings down, I tried thinking about what happened. Walker gave me a ring, and I felt way too flustered when that happened. But I didn't like him...right? I couldn't. Not after the reaction of the public. That would be something I would bring up with Lele.

Which reminds me, I haven't talked to her since last week's incident. I would have to talk to her after my dad.

I walked into my trailer, locking the door behind me, and went to my bed. I plugged in my phone so it could charge while I called my dad. October 17, 2023, 7:53 PM. I unlocked my phone and stared at the icons for a while, trying to make myself press the phone icon. Then I tried to press the contact name that read "Papi 💗", but couldn't. I stared at my phone for at least five minutes. I felt bad for my dad. But like a lifesaver, he called me. I picked up, waiting for the video to connect. "Mija! Are you alone now?" he asked, a lady setting up his phone on a mirror across from him. Makeup removal, I assumed.

"Yeah, I am," I said, sighing. "You're not though."

"I'm sorry, I'll be done in a bit. But, tell me! What's happened in the past week?"

"Besides the events, we're wrapping up shooting. Cailey and Miss Alycia left on Saturday. Shooting ends in a month or so."

"Are you excited?" he asked, thanking the lady and walking outside.

"I really wanna go home. Be back in my bed. Go to school again." I sat up, trying to remember all of the scenes I shot. "I know that I shot the scene where I meet Shemar's character. It's one of our only scenes together. The others are me running from him, which are mostly split shots."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I know I'm working with him on his last scene."

"Which is?" he asked, the trailer door creaking to its close.

"Luna and Maurice reach common ground and Luna gets pardoned? Or something like that."

"Alright. What else have you got? What's up with the other kids?" he asked.

"Uh, nothing," I say, trying to hide my face. "Me and Momona made a bunch of arts and crafts that we handed out to the crew. Walker proposed to me and-"

"I'm sorry, who did what now?" my dad said, smiling as he held back his laugh.

"Yeah, Me and Mo made paper rings and when I went to give Walker his, he got down on one knee and said some cheesy friendship thing. Nothing too harsh."

"Well, are you having fun again?" I hesitate before nodding.

"I am. At least, more fun compared to last week. What's up with your show?"

"Well," he started. "I can tell you that someone you love is working with us for an episode or two."

"Wait, actor, singer?"

"She's both," he said. "Mostly singer now, though." His smile was contagious as I tried thinking of any singers I liked that acted.

"Sabrina Carpenter?" I say, perking up slightly.

"Nope! Try again."

"Uh," I stammered. "Oh my god, Olivia Rodrigo?!"

"Last try, amor." I scrambled my brain.

"Dad, I swear if you tell me that it's Demi Lovato."

"Wrong," he said, and he smirked slightly. "Guess you'll have to wait until the premiere."

"Dad!" I complained, smiling now.

"Fine. I'll tell you. But you can't tell anyone."

"Papi, just tell me," I complained again, growing restless and impatient, like a toddler.

"Taylor Swift."

I think I died at that moment. He said Tayor Swift. Somehow, the casting directors were able to get Taylor Swift to act in their show. Must be a loaded cast or a great show if she was there.

"Earth to J."

"Here. Sorry. But are you serious? Like," I said. I don't think I had to say anything since I could feel my face beaming.

"Yup. She's here until like two weeks from now. You get to meet her at the premiere."

"Oh my god, how big is this show?" I ask. Not all TV shows get a premiere.

"You'll see. Hey, glad to see and know you're alright, but I have to check in with my other family," he said, meaning Auntie Lux, Abuelo, or one of my uncles. "Love you."

"Wait, papi."

"Hm?"

"Did you tell anybody about what happened?"

"No. That's our business."

I sighed, smiling sheepishly. "Thanks Pa. Love you."

"Love you too. Bye." The familiar sound of a facetime call ending rang through, and I Picked up my phone. I stared at it for a bit before deciding to call someone else.

"Hello?" the other voice ran, followed by a sigh. The face contorted from anger to relief to anger again, and it was honestly acceptable.

"Hey, Lele."