jealousy, jealousy

"Cailey 🤓"
HIIIII
I MISS YALL
yes ofc you can call me

Jade Bracelet
perffff
gimme a cpl secs

~~

"Jade! Hi!" Cailey said, waving at me through her camera. "What's up?" 

"First of all, I really miss you and Miss Alycia. Second of all, what do you know about this whole Momo and Walker thing?" I ask, going straight to the point.

"Aw, I miss you too!" she said, before pausing. I saw her face drop slightly before her smile returned. I took note of that.  "I don't know much. I know it's recent?"

"Yeah, that's what me and Lele gathered."

"Who's Lele?"

"My friend. She was the one who told me I should call you," I confess, and then start going into the whole story.

"Well, yeah, the pictures I keep posting of Mo are pictures I took during shoot days and things like that. I'm kinda teasing things."

"Okay, that doesn't explain the FaceTime pictures, clearly not in your trailer, so I'm guessing," I say, trailing off.

"Okay, you're right. Some of those are after, but again, the last time I talked to her wasn't that recent. She had told me something about talking with him."

"Okay, sure. I think I have an idea."

"Okay, stop starting sentences with okay," Cailey said, chuckling.

"Okay," I said, breaking out into a laugh. "What I was going to say is I need something to get my mind off all this."

"Wait, why? It shouldn't-" I cut her off with a weird look, and she gasped. "'Oh my God. She stole your man."

"I wouldn't say stolen," I say, but I shrug. "It's okay though, since I think I have someone else."

"Consider me interested.if you ever change your mind about them, I'm here with an idea. I have somewhere to be later and I have to get ready. Lemme know what happens, okay?" she said, and I nodded. As I hung up, I immediately returned Lele's call.

"Girl. It's recent, and you're right. Something's off here. Cailey seemed hurt, for sure."

"Wait, does she like him too?" Lele gasped, and I laughed it off.

"I don't think so. I think there's something else we're missing between her and somebody…"

"Oh my God. She's gay?"

"Sh!" I say,laughing. "You're on speaker. But yes, I think she might be. Or at least I think she's crushing on Mo."

"Okay, so how does this help? Is there anything else?" she asked, and I shrugged. "Don't tell me you're giving up."

"Lele, I don't want to be one of those girls. I'd rather mind my business and find someone else." Lele glared at me through the screen, sensing my doubt. Brady's name flashed on my screen, with a text. "Just drop it. Someone's texting me anyway."

"Okay, whatever. Text me with updates. Don't you have a movie night to go to anyway?"

"Actually, it's at 8, and it's only like 5pm. But you're right. Bye Lele, love you!" She waved, logging off. I quickly changed into my pajamas, putting my hair up in a messy bun. It might've been early, but those were the comfy PJs. I texted Brady back, grabbing trash off the floor as I typed.

~~

Brady
hey
i'm on rn
you said you play r6 right?

Jade
uh yeah
but i have do sum w walker and mo
i can play until like 7:30

Brady
alright
here this is my user
@bradytheunstoppable

Jade
cringe lmfao

~~~

I made my way over to my bed again, grabbing my controller and headset. I logged on, added him, and waited for an invite. When it came through, I joined in. "Alright guys, this is Jade. We're gonna be decent people and not be rude or weird to her," I heard Brady say through the party, and a chorus of guys saying "okay" echoed after him. "Alright, let's load into an unranked to warm up." The game loaded, and people started talking over one another. I just stayed quiet, picking my operators, and listening in to the conversations. We played like this for two hours, with me mostly talking to Brady. I learned their names, Jacob, Aryan, and Noah. I decided to leave after our fifth win, ending on a win streak.

"Alright guys, I have to go! It was really nice meeting all of you guys," I say, and we say goodbye. I check my phone. Mo had texted that Walker was already there. Of course he was.I took a deep breath, opening my messages as I texted Mo.

~~

Mo Bamba
Hey
Walker's here
Get over here

Jade
omw!

New message from Brady!

Brady
Nice playing w u
Hmu whenever you want

Jade
yeah of course!

~~~

I quickly made my way over to Mo's trailer, texting Brady back. I knocked, the door opening as Mo greeted me. I took off my shoes at the door and sat on my normal spot on the bed, whereas Walker had taken Cailey's spot on the couch. I got comfortable, scrolling on my phone as I waited for the movie to start. "So what are we watching for our last movie night?" Mo asked. "I've got my movie picked."

"Why don't you go first," I offer. I wasn't sure what movie I would've picked anyway. Mo queued up Mean Girls, and my jealousy faded slightly. I sat up, watching it with the same intensity as I did the first time.

The hour passed, and Mo sent me an 8 Ball in text. I played her throughout the ending of the movie. At the end, Walker moved for the remote, but I did too and our hands touched. "Sorry," I said, letting him pick it  up. He scrolled  through Disney's Marvel section, landing on Deadpool. "Bro," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Pick something else," Mo said, and I nodded in agreement. Walker  sighed.

"Have you guys even seen it?" he  asked.

"No, but you clearly love it and I don't want to watch a movie where someone is repeating every single line," I say, and Mo nods in agreement. Walker still picks it and we groan.

"Hey, can we switch?" Walker said. "The couch is uncomfortable for two." I sighed, getting up and sitting down. The two of them sat comfortably on the bed, and I lied down, watching the movie sideways. I hadn't even realized the movie had ended when Mo gently threw the controller over to me.

"Oh, okay." I tried thinking of a good movie I could show them. My favorite of all time. I smiled as I searched on my phone what streaming platform it was on. I opened Paramount Plus, searched "The Truman Show", and pressed play. I sat up, watching the intro play, silently taking note of every detail I had already made note of before. It was about thirty minutes in that I decided to take a bathroom break. I looked over to see them, Walker's hand on her thigh. I had the nagging feeling I had seen that before, but I shurgged it off in the bathroom, taking the opportunity to wash my face. I went back, finished the movie and left them alone. I checked the time. 11:56. Lele had to have been asleep, but I dialed her number anyway.

"Spill," I heard her say.