she's all i wanna be

TW: lil mentions of the Rumors Arc

~~

"Can you believe the nerve?" I say to Lele pacing around in my trailer. "Like, seriously, when did this even start?"

"J, honey. You're overreacting. Maybe you just need to do something... drastic," she smirked, and I rolled my eyes. "Come on!"

"Lele, I am not going to do something drastic. I think the logical thing here to do is wait it out. Maybe I just took something out of context," I reply, sitting down in front of my phone now.

"Or," she started. "Hear me out. Maybe you should be overreacting. Like seriously though, did anyone know about the proposal besides me?" I smiled sheepishly. "Oh, you told her too."

"I felt like I had to! I made the paper rings with her, but we made them for everyone. Like she made one for Walker too. Really though, what's it about her that makes him like her more then me?" I ask, scoffing.

"Okay, so maybe it's a jealousy thing," Lele said, shuffling around in her room. "Let's see. You've got me, you've got other teen celebrities. Why not look for guys over here? You are coming back in like what, a month?"

"Lee, you don't understand what I'm- whatever. I'll figure something out."

"No, we'll figure something out." I looked away for a second before realizing that Lele was moving something along her floor. I looked back and a whiteboard had miraculously appeared. "We're here," she said, scribbling our names, Walker's, and Mo's. "Our goal is here." She wrote the word "Wade" on the board, underlining it. "What can we do to reach this goal?"

"Morally right?" I ask, some not-so-nice ideas popping up in my head.

"If I have to be morally good for this, you do too."

"Fine," I say, leaning back in my chair, thinking. "How about this?"

~~

After a night of plotting and a good night's rest, not only did we have a good plan, but it involved a friend of his. I decided to ignore that for now as I got ready to meet with the directors. I walked over to my closet, picked something appropriate for the day (in other words, t-shirt and sweatpants combo), then left my trailer. I tried taking my mind off everything else, walking to the conference room. "Jade! Welcome in," I heard one of the directors say.

"Hi Mr. Jack! Hi Mr. Shawn!" I smiled and waved as I walked in.

"Sit! We have a couple of things to go over," Mr. Jack said. I did, and took note of their body language. Kind of serious. Shit, did someone die? "Your dad called us."

"Oh," I said, kind of panicking. "Is he okay?"

"He's okay. But are you?" Mr. Shawn said. His face of seriousness turned to concern. "Bella also came." Oh, this was about me.

"It was just all a misunderstanding," I said, getting a small amount of defensive. "Just some fans getting rowdy."

"Listen," Mr. Shawn started. "We're not here to say that you're in trouble. We got pretty much the whole story from Bella. You know that here, we're safe spaces, right?" I smiled sheepishly and nodded, staring at my shoes now. "Good. Now, to the real reason we wanted you here."

For a little bit, my brain stopped processing words. I was thinking about how many other people might have known about this. But I let the brain thoughts go and focused on the present. I took some tiny deep breaths to bring myself back.

"So with all that, we think you should consider a pseudonym. What do you think?" Mr. Jack finished. I tried thinking about what could've led up to that. Maybe the angry interactions?

"I think that I should think about it," I said after a pause. "Talk to my dad and see what he thinks."

"Actually, about that," Mr. Shawn started up again. "Your dad said it's completely your choice, just like you picked acting."

"That's great," I sighed. I knew Dad was busy, but no advice was cruel. "I'd still like to think about it... if it's alright with you guys."

"Of course. Just let us know as soon as possible. Teaser's going to drop sooner than you think." I nodded, then waved goodbye as I walked out. I decided to go get a snack from the snack cart they kept around. I knew it was where they were shooting. There's a scene today... Bella and Mo. Perfect, I get them both alone.

I walked over to the set, where they were both running lines. Only Bella was alone and Mo was running hers with... Walker. Of course. They had been dating for who knows how long. They giggled and laughed for a bit before continuing the lines. I kind of stared for a while before looking away just before they saw me. I went over to Bella. They smiled at me, handing me their script. "Read."

"Bell-"

"Girl, you don't have a scene today. Read." I chuckled as I started reading what would be Mo's lines. I looked up every four or five lines to see them laughing together. Focus. "Okay, you can go now," Bella said, rolling their eyes. "I know something's bothering you. Go figure it out." I smiled and nodded, hugging them goodbye before making my way to the conference room again. Even if seeing Mo and Walker giggling together wasn't enough, I looked over to see Walker and Mo holding hands. I had made my choice.

"Jade, back so soon?" Mr. Shawn asked. It looked like they were packing up. Probably had finished their meetings for the day.

"Yes," I said, plastering on my best smile. "I'll keep my name, thank you."

"Alright. You know it could bring worse people, right?" Mr. Jack said, speaking carefully.

"Yes, I know. But I don't have much to lose anyways." With that, Mr. Jack wrote that down, and they left for set. I made my way back to my trailer, typing out a LONG paragraph for Lele to wake up to. The plan would be set in motion in just a couple of days.

~~

A/N ~

The writers block hits hard cuz what the actual frickety frack
enjoy angst and VOTE THIS STORY UP RAHHHH!!!