Slut!

TW: Cyberbullying/Harassment, Nightmares

~~

I woke up, wiping my eyes as I adjusted to the light coming in from my window. I hadn't been sleeping well, thanks to how uncomfortable my bed felt all of a sudden. I got up, brushed my teeth, and made myself a bowl of cereal to eat. I ate it pretty slowly, scrolling through an ebook I downloaded. It was decent, and just the right amount of engaging. Once I finished, I washed my plate and flopped back on my bed. My days were slow since I didn't have to shoot until Wednesday . I don't think I've been out of my trailer since Saturday night, and it was now Monday morning.

I lay on my bed thinking. Along with the bed feeling uncomfortable, I had been having these nightmares that weren't helping. I had been dreaming stupid things mostly, but with what happened, it scared me more. Things like my dad kicking me out, or my friends dropping me because of the pictures. I had gone where I got kidnapped. Again, stupid stuff. I turned my wi-fi back on and started playing games. Anything to keep my mind off of everything happening outside. Then I remembered I still hadn't finished Ni no Kuni 2. I turned on my PlayStation and booted it up.

I moved through dungeons and portals as I progressed through the storyline. The difference between the original and this game was huge, but somehow, it still was interesting and engaging. I only wished the developers brought back the original characters. Either way, using a sword and gun was definitely a realistic and fun part of the game.

After two hours of progressing, I stood up and stretched, checking my messages and call log. Bella had called and texted me. My dad had called me three times today, and probably another 4 times the past two days. The group chat had been active. They were mentioning how Cailey's last shoot day was Thursday. She was scheduled to leave this weekend. I read up and saw that they mentioned movie night on Friday. Whatever. Not like I would go.

I decided to turn my comments back on. I deleted all the messages from people I didn't know, or things that were unkind. I had 16 posts, and had to delete at least 100 comments from each one. Some of the worse ones made me step away from my phone. One said, "I hope you die and no one shows up to your funeral", while another said "wishing whoever raised you regrets it and leaves you". I thought about telling Dad now. But would he understand? Not only that, he was shooting. I decided against it for now.

I go into my kitchen and pull out a bag of chips. I rip the bag open and start munching on them when I see a shadow outside. I quiet down as a knock settles on my door. "J? Are you here?" I stayed silent, gently placing the bag of chips down quietly. "J? Honey, nobody's seen you, just making sure you're okay..." I hesitated. I didn't need a lecture from Bella. "Okay, if you're in here, text me. Don't make me look crazy please," they said. Silence, and then the sound of gravel crunching signaled that they had left. I sighed, grabbing my chips again. I scrolled aimlessly through my feed, seeing videos about my dad being sighted in LA. I smiled. He seemed happy. The More I scrolled through,I got more and more videos about the paparazzi swarm. On Tiktok, people were shaming whoever was there swarming Walker, reminding them that he was a minor, and he deserved privacy. They also mentioned how the "mystery girl" with Walker had cleaned up her social media for no reason. I got tired of seeing videos defending Walker but shaming me, so I decided it was time to leave the scrolling for another day. I opened my ebook, planning to finish it now.

~~

It was 5 o'clock in the afternoon now, and I had finished my ebook. The plot twist had me screaming, and I would need at least a day or so to recuperate. My phone was blowing up with more plans in the group chat. Apparently, Cailey would take us food Friday afternoon. Whatever. I still didn't want to go. Especially in public? Didn't they know that's what started all this? I debated sending something in the chat, but then my phone started blowing up with unknown numbers. It was message after message. Maybe the group chat was an accident? I went to leave it and realized it wasn't a group chat. There were hundreds of different people. And the messages were so much worse. Without Instagram's report mode, this was more brutal. Words like whore, slut, bitch, and tramp were thrown around. I stared at my phone for a good five minutes. I froze, not knowing what to do. Should I have called my dad now? My friends? I can't. They would probably tell me I knew what I was walking into, that I should've known people would do this.

~~~

Unknown
ok bitch lets see you try to avoid this w your
annoying ass, if you couldnt handle the heat
dont fuck w walker

New Messages from Unknown!

Unknown
I cant believe you would be such a slut
How dare you mess with Walker, like aint he
too young to be messing with you?
You seem like the type to brag about it
Whore

New Message from Unknown!

Unknown
Imagine deleting your accounts just because
someone called you out on your shit
If youre a slut and tramp just admit it

~~

I stared at my phone for a couple more minutes, tears rapidly welling in my eyes and falling. The messages slowed down a bit, but picked right back up. I couldn't take much more of this. I realized that the only way I would avoid this problem is by leaving my phone number. I thought about warning the others about it, but I would see them on Wednesday for scenes anyway.  I went into my settings, disabled my SIM card, and deleted the messages. Maybe it would just be better to leave. I thought about it as I deleted hundreds of degrading messages. I was getting tired of it, that was for sure. I was at my limit now.